Mono vs. Multi??

Username: Timothin

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for an amp to power 2 kicker 12'l7s but i'm not sure if i should set up a monoblock and run the wiring in parallel or simply buy a dual channel amp and run them that way, which will yield more power?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 133
I would go with a mono amp they are set up alittle more for subs. Plus wiring in parallel makes your subs hit harder most of the time if wired right.

Anonymous

wiring speakers a certain way is only to match up the impedance of the speaker(s) with that of the amp for optimal performance. besides that, the way in which you wire the speaker(s) to the amp has nothing to with making "your subs hit harder". wiring in prarallal, series-parallel, series etc. only gives you different impedances to the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 141
Anon Why don't you try reading a little more info. The lower the impedance on the amp the MORE power it can send to the sub. SO YEAH IT WILL HIT HARDER. It takes POWER to move a sub. So look at it like this you got an amp. The amp is 1x100watts @4ohms and 1x200 @2 ohms. So why don't you tell me which one your going to go with????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us