US AMP protect l.e.d.

Username: Chevykevy

ChicoUnited States

Post Number: 1
OK, so excited about the nice little upgrade in my truck from 2 12" L5's with a RF p8002 to 2 12" RE SE's with an MD2D but the red protect light flashes pretty much whenever the bass hits. I just upgraded my battery to a stinger sp1500d and my alt puts out about 150amps. it happens at just about any volume but gets noticeably brighter the louder i turn it up. the subs are dual 4ohms wired down to 2 then bridged to 1 but it even happens when i run only 1 sub at 2 ohms. Im not really getting any power dips with this new batt and the volts, from what i can tell, stay at about 14. the bass boost is down and i haven't turned the amp volume/gain up past half way. Can anybody tell me whats going on? is this clipping?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 217
That amp should be stable at 1 ohm so it shouldn't be clipping. Just ensure that all the wires are making a good connection including the ground off the amp. If all the wires are good and you are sure the subs are wired down to a 1 ohm connection to the amp, we'll go from there.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 219
Also the gain should be set to a specific amount of voltage per the ohm load you are running at. This way you are getting full potential, without clipping.

Chico, CA United States

Post Number: 8
The amp is stable at 1 ohm and i have checked numerous times that the resistance is correct all the connections are good. honestly i am sooo f**king frustrated. i upgraded my battery and the voltage drops are even worse now than when i had a stock one. they dropped below 11 about 2 hours ago and the amp went into protect and will not turn back on. It worked (b4 that happened) but some of the hardware is defective(just a few zipties come loose) so i am trying to send it back to the retailers under factory warranty but they say send it to US AMPS and US AMPS says send it back to the dealer so i was supposed to get a number to put on the box for return and i havnt heard from them in dayyys. I have put so much money into this and time it is absolutely the most frustrating thing i have ever encoundtered. The Led flashes at even the lowest gain so i just want it to work at all, let alone fullest potential.

Bronze Member
Username: Classiccaraudio

Chico , Ca California

Post Number: 15
the new rockford fosgate amps are not stable into 1 ohm

I KNOW THAT SUCK I SELL THEM

they are to get there full power at 4 ohm

the why to fix your problem is to rase your ohm load to a high ohm loud our buy an amp that runs 1 ohm stable

also the other thing to do is buy a fan for the amp. there is older lightning audio fans that you can get on ebay for 5 dollars and they will help that rockford amps a lot and will run the ohm load you want the reason its doing that is because it can run that low of ohm load

here is the web sight to show you that it will not do that

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=27698&locale =en_US

Bronze Member
Username: Classiccaraudio

Chico , Ca California

Post Number: 16
here is your amp bro your amp will only run at 4 ohms period

it will do 2 ohms briged at 400 watts go to rockford fosgate to see our look here hope this helps

Rated Power
continuous power 200W x 2 @ 4-Ohms RMS
400W x 2 @ 2-Ohms RMS
800W x 1 @ 4-Ohms bridged RMS
Total Power
total sum of 'rated power' 800 Watts
Bridgeable Yes
Crossover Controls High-Pass (HP): 40-400Hz 12dB/octave Butterworth
Low-Pass (LP): 40-400Hz 12dB/octave Butterworth
Tone Controls Bass: 0dB to +18dB @ 45Hz
Signal Input Low level: 1 RCA pair
Signal Output Low level: 1 RCA pair
Power Input Connector Block
Power Wire Gauge 4 AWG
Speaker Output Connector Screw terminal barrier strip
Speaker Wire Gauge 8 AWG to 18 AWG
Heat Sink Type Cast aluminum
Cooling Convection
Remote Controls Punch Bass EQ (included with cable)
Visual Indicators Power On
Signal Level
Thermal Status
Speaker Protection
Circuit Topology Class Class A/B
Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB
Shipping Weight 17.5 Lbs.
(7.9 Kg.)
Dimensions (HxWxL) 2.4 x 11 x 17.7 (in)
6.1 x 27.9 x 44.9 (cm)

Chico, CA United States

Post Number: 9
ya i knew all that. thats why i got rid of it and upgraded to a US AMPS MD2D, which is what this post is about......

Chico, CA United States

Post Number: 10
The post was about my US AMPS md2d

not my old RF P8002
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us