How the F@## do i wire this

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 38
I have a Profile CA1200 (2x450 @2 ohms, 2x300 @ 4 ohms RMS, i no not the best amp but hey might as well put it to use)
what i need to know is will this be too much power for the Audiobahn AS57pq (100 watts RMS), Audiobahn AS50q (80 watts RMS), Audiobahn AS31q (60 watts RMS). Total of 6 channels, and an average power rating of 80 Watts per channel RMS. Is there a way to hook up these 6 speakers and have say 100 watts going out to the AS57pq, 80 Watts going out to the AS50q, and 60 watts going out to the AS31q. How would you recomend going about doing this? Also if need be i can hook the AS31q to the headunit because i will have 4 empty speaker hookups. Thank you for the help.
David.
P.S. As i hook up more speakers does the power rating keep geting cut down so lets say instead of 2 speaekrs at 300 rms, 6 would be 75x4 RMS. if so that would be perfect!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3462
"As i hook up more speakers does the power rating keep geting cut down so lets say instead of 2 speaekrs at 300 rms, 6 would be 75x4 RMS. if so that would be perfect!"

well, yes, sort of. remember some speakers will need more power than others.
a sub and a tweeter together woht evenly divide the power.
also note impedance won't drop unless the speakers are producing the same frequencies at the same time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us