Some input please

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 215
ok so i got my self a 3000d and am waiting on my fi q 15" D2 to come. i was wondering if i ever expand to a seconded one if i could run the 2 at .5 at around 2400 watts and not piss off the amp for daily use. other than that any tuning suggestion for the single fi Q besides don't crank the gain knob all the way up. and if u use a dmm what should it read for 1100 - 1200 watts, at the moment it says a bought 70V but that dos not sound right it would have blown my 100A fuse by now it that was true. thank you for your time.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2018
if your electrical is up to par - that amp will run .5 all day

i have a rd3250 (which is very similar to the saz 3K) and i have run it at .5 ohms (before rise) the whole time i have had it. over a year without any issues at all

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 435
how big is yr alt, if you dont mind me asking :-)

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 217
................. 80amps i think.............. 2010 Toyota Camry. base model.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9541
Sure, it's a great idea. Stock charging systems are made for all the stock electrical equipment on your vehicle and whatever high powered car audio system you can fit into the car. Make sure to turn the volume up all the way with the gain on the amplifier maxed out so you break in the alternator so that it gets used to producing the amperage that your system will be drawing. Make a vid too!

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 218
i am not stupid, i know i need a ho alt but i am a student cash flow is lacking witch is why i am only trying to run 1000watts out of the amp right now. 1000watts on stock alt with the big 3 should be ok. getting a seconded batt soon (its 50$). running two would be at a much later time after all the up grades.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9544
You don't need any "up grades", in the end it's you who controls the knob of the volume right?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 204
DC power engineering has a few nice selections in HO alts. As soon as I get the money I plan on getting one myself. They range from around $360 to $430 I believe. I have the email somewhere.. But def upgrade your alt asap if you want to go above 1k rms. Even with a second battery you still have the same alt now trying to recharge 2 batteries versus the one.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 219
i was talking a bought the kentic 600 or what ever it is. the baby. theres a guy thats local that builds them gonna ask his price. its all in the works.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 220
also its hard not to crank the vol knob.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 221
its also on a 100 amp fuse and it hasent blown when the amp says 70V on the dmm, it just sounds wrong to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us