Speaker noise? from amp.

Username: Beowolf215

Usa

Post Number: 2
i installed a pair of very nice 6x9 pioneer speakers in the deck of my car, when i put in my new head unit. they have been running off deck power, while i worked out some mounting issues with my amps, and they sounded great.this weekend i coonected them up to a good amp, that i've used for years, and am getting what i can only describe as a "fluttering" noise, from them.the speakers are rated for more than twice the rms as the amp, and i have the bass & treble turned all the way down on the amp. i am running 2 10" subs, and don't need bass from these speakers, what's with the noise, and how do i get rid of it.in line bass blockers?some sort of crossover? speakers sound great when i kill the bass on my eq, but then i get nothing from the sub too.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3450
I'd add bass blockers at about 100Hz high-pass, and turn the gains down on the amp for the 6x9s.
chances are teh initial problem is too high a gain setting but the bass blockers will clean up the system and let you get more volume out of it

Username: Beowolf215

Usa

Post Number: 3
thanks so much for the advice.i am a sort of learning as i go car stereo guy, and i know enough,to know what i don't know.the amp pwering these speakers is a kicker 1x404, which gets rave reviews, accept for heat issues, which i also experienced, i have looked on line as well as some chain electronics stores, for fans to cool it, but have been unable to find one any suggestions. i have read some notes from others on this site saying that they use such fans, so i know they exist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us