Which gauge wire to use??

Username: Mattwood1000

Post Number: 8
Im going to be running a kicker ZX700.1 for my subs (dcv12) and a kicker ZX350.4 for my speakers which i am replacing in due time, would a 4 gauge amp kit for the mono amp and an 8 gauge amp kit for the 4 channel be suitable and supply enough power???

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 181
I would just do 4 gauge all the way. You can run one power wire and one ground wire each to a distribution block and then from that to the amps. If you plan on running more power eventually, you could run 0 gauge to distribution blocks then 4 gauge out to the amps. But I would def stick with 4 gauge for both amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 19
yeah i would say the same use 4 guage all they way around and you could use 1awg from your battery to your blocks then go four gauge yo more wire more power to your amps i have 4 gauge coming from my battery to my block then to my mono amp 4 gauge but my other amp i used 8 gauge but when i get my other two four channel amps and my and four more 6x9s i will get a ground block and use 4 gauge all the way around on power and ground then when i get my system set right when everything is done i will run my wires more neatly to look good so use you got when you get your system set right then take the small wires out switch to bigger better wire
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us