Box ideas

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2595
im gunna be gettin a new job here soon and gunna buy a gmc sierra rst. its a standard cab and idk if i want to make a custom box in the center console or do a blow through. any opinions

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 886
Well you can go crazy with a blow through and kill your resale or center console and clean. My fave center console was 2 D3 10s tuned low on a Mclass 1000. Sounded great looked super clean. I vote center console

Silver Member
Username: Dangeranger

Fredericktown, Ohio United States

Post Number: 229
im pretty content with my center counsel. my buddy did a blow through and it was a pain. granted it was our first one and there wasn't too much on the internet to help us out. Either way whichever one you decide to go with i can help you out a little bit.

*edited because I can't spell.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 416
^^

*granted

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2060
I wouldn't kill a new truck, but it would have the potential to be a lot louder. Up to you really.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2253
blow it!

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2596
well i have been trying to think of how to make a crazy center conosole box but the only problem is that the rst edition is a 5spd. so i have been trying to think of a way to go around the shifter

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 295
Blow through will leave you lookin like this

Center console will leave you lookin like this

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2597
its a super nice truck thought too so thats a concern cause if i screw it up its gunna cost a lot to fix it

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 917
What is rst?

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2598
the regency edition.

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 299
if you f*&ck up just weld the part of the truck back on and sand then repaint it and dont mention it to the person going to buy it and youll be fine dude, dont even think about it and do it... (im my opinion)

AND if you just bought it its not like your going to sell it ina couple months... worry about it then.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2599
very true i guess.. is there any tips anyone can give or is it just cut it out and use the accordian boot and seal it up then just have the box in the back. or do u need to slide the box through and make it flush with the inside wall

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 303
hell nah you won't be able to fit the box through the hole lol

your on the right track with what you said, my blowthrough is going to fill up my whole bed, so as you can imagine you can't slide it through from the inside lol there's alot of wrong ways to do a blowthrough..
don't rush into these things, I would use a pro to build you a box, OR to design it. Bassman can hook you up.

to seal the boot I would use the sh!t they seal windshelds with, don't forget to cut the vent out of yr truck too, you'll know what I'm talking about once you start cutting the main hole.

The vent is there to help the door shut, it makes no nevermind to have it or not.

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 304
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/blow-through-build-log-291662/

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6752843

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321

check these out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help