What setup should I do

Username: Tweezy79

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 1
Hi, yall. Im new to the forum and could use some suggestions on what kind of a setup I should do. I have a 2001 Ford F150 Supercrew truck. I am wanting to put a box under the back seat. This is my only option to put subs in my truck since I have children that ride with me on occasion. I am looking for some real deep bass since I listen to mainly rap. I am going to have a local stereo shop make me a box for my setup and have the most of 1.3 cubic feet of air volume and a mounting depth of 6.5 inches. They will also make enought room for a xmass of about 30mm. My amplifier is a Kenwood Excelon 1600 running at 912 rms at 2ohms. Here are a couple of options I have came up with. I am wanting to put in 3 Kicker L5's running at 300 rms at 2ohms a piece. My second option was going with a FI BL 10 inch woofer running at 1000 rms at 2 ohms. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help.

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah, and by the way. The 3 kickers will be in a sealed box and the FI BL will be in a ported box. Hope this helps.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1109
FI>Kicker

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3058
Your box is going to be 1.3 cubic feet all together? Or per chamber?

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 4
1.3 cubic feet all together. I dont have that much room under the seat due the seatbelt being in the way. I have been reading about the treo ssp line. What do you think about treo versus FI? The new Treo SSP 10 inch woofer has an rms of 1000 at 2ohms. My amp should have no problem pushing that sub.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3060
I just saw some picture and the magnet looks pretty big. Couldn't find spec of it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10880
Two Fi Q 10" sealed would own...

ficaraudio.com

In fact that is my exact setup

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 5
I have read up on the Q's but I thought they would be more for sound quality over spl. I am looking for some real deep bass.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10885
Low end and SQ are what the Q is for.... SPL subs do not do as well in the deep bass.

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 6
So with some more research and video downloads, the Q's do sound like a good idea. But now I have a problem with the amp not putting out enough power to push em. Could I hook that amp up to the Q's for a couple of months and then get into another amp? The amp is only 912rms at 2ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1113
or you can sell that amp and pick up a better one

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 837
If the RL-i 10s fit they produce very clean low bass. Also memphis line of shallow mount subs are very nice 10s that is compared to JL or pioneer. Diamond D3 10s will sound very nice too. They're rated for 400rms but they'll handle 500 to 600.

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 10
The memphis line is very solid, but I am kinda on a budget since I have a new family member on the way. I would like to continue to use what I have and spend no more than 400 on the subs. I think I am going back to the 3 8 inch Kicker L5's or single 10 inch Treo SSP. I have heard the kicker setup before and it does sound really good. I wonder if the 10 inch treo will put out more low end bass. Any thoughts?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10890
Kicker square subs are terriable just an fyi

Bronze Member

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 12
All right, I took the plung and got the treo ssp 10. Everything wil be getting hooked up real soon and cant wait to see what the outcome is. Thanks for all of the tips and suggestions. This forum is great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us