Kicker cvx 15 inch and solobaric l7 10 inch

Username: Taylorgrier

Post Number: 1
i have a 15 inch kicker cvx 4 ohm dvc and a 10 in kicker solobaric l7 2 ohm dvc. i was hoping to run them both off of my 4000 watt lanzar vibrant amp its 2 channel bridgeable. i need to know the best way to wire and run these subs, i knwo they will take a different amount of wattage but im curious if they can be wired in 2 ohm for the solobaric and 4 ohm for the cvx off the same amp. i dont want as much power runnning to the solobaric than i do the cvx. please give me any information on safely wiring these. thank you.

Post Number: 2
can anybody give me some info? i heard that a 2 ohm speaker gives more resistance than a 4 ohm, would that mean if i run a lower watt 2 ohm and a higher watt 4 ohm together they will be alright?

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 123
the general conssentences hear is never never never mix subs or ohm loads.

Post Number: 3
what would be the outcome of it? do you know?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15785
when u use 2 different size subs it will result in cancellation & generally sound like crap ...

Post Number: 4
okay, will it ruin either sub or the amp at a low wattage? bc if it sounds bad ill take the ten out and sell it.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 128
just wire the l7 down to 1ohm and use a dmm to set your amp 100-500 watts over rms. or if the amp is not 1 ohm stable pick witch ever sub can run at 2 ohm's and then give it a little bit more then its rms.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4180
Seems like a lot of the recent threads from the newbs are all dead set on mixing subs and wiring their chit in the most fucked up way as they can think up.......

Look.. I get the fact that you want to get louder.. So It seems to make sense that putting another sub that you had laying around would be better... After all two subs has to be better than one, right? If you dont really give a chit about possibly ruining your equipment and or sounding like garbage, then give it hell.. I hope you only considered this option because it is not a real loss if something goes wrong.. If I were you, I would build a nice ported custom box to specs for the CVX, and sell the L7 and amp locally and buy a better amp that would be a better match for the sub... my .02

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 132
^^^

Post Number: 5
i have all that for the cvx. and the amp is perfect, i just want to be able to have the tight bass from the small sealed box with the l7, and the gut busting rumble of the cvx, run off of the same amp.. and i was wondering if there was a way to wire it in different ohms where it would perform good. even if it was bad for the L7 10 inch. i got that for cheap. i want to b gentle on my amp and CVX though. just throw any ideas at me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4181
i feel ya on the sloppyness of the CVX... But the L7 is essentially the same sub, with a square cone instead of the round cone. You get more cone area with the square cone compared to the equivalent sized round cone. ..Although the L7 might be slightly punchier in a small sealed box, it is made for SPL. My advise (now that I see what you are trying to accomplish) would be to sell both subs and use that money to buy a sub that will do what you are wanting( basically a SQL sub... IDC if you have a SS RL-p, UL Critical Mass,or an 0/4-0/5 RE XXX, If the enclosure and install are not up to par, then you might as well be running volphenhag, pyramid, or boss subs. Mixing subs will not accomplish what you are wanting... It will not sound good..

Post Number: 6
okay, then how will i get the tight bass with the rumble? i dont really want to sellt he 15 but i could if i was giving good reasoning. =]

Gold Member

Post Number: 4182
get a sub that is more oreintated to your goals,with proper power and enclosure

Gold Member

Post Number: 4183
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmsJ5Sh0E0A
not rap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj6WniW4Fk&feature=related
rap
my last setup... The box was built to be musical for daily.. But still hit 150+ db. on the TL.. I know that is quite a bit more extreme than you are looking for, was just trying to show that there are subs out there that are designed to do what you want.. Just6 got my new subs in Monday.. Should have them installed by Sat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us