Am i doing it right?

Username: J_winters

Post Number: 1
ok so i have an older 15" kicker solo-baric L7 its dvc and i bought it from a friend. the - of vc1 is going to + of vc2. vc1 + goes to the + of the left channel on my amp vc2 - goes to the - of the right side on amp so its bridged right? is that the best way to do it? btw im running a sony explod 1200 watt amp. ok well i think thats set up right. but im also running 2 12" sony explod subs on the amp there just wired normally not bridged or anything. am i completly over powering my little amp? everything works great it loud as hell and i havent blown anything yet. its been this way for a couple months now. just wondering if im getting the full potential. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4172
that amp is good for the sony subs.. It is not powerful enough to properly push the L7.. it will not put out 1200 watts (max or rms) .

Do not mix subs in the same install.. Sounds terrible and causes cancelation issues.

do not wire svc subs and dvc on the same outputs of any amp.

Need to know what the VC configuration (dual 2 or 4 ohm)of the L7 is to point you in the right direction ampwise.

my advice. sell sony amp and subs the buy a good mono amp for the L7 and build or have a proper enclosure made to house the Keeker sub..

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/7112096/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046
this amp would work no matter what vc's the L7 has... It is a little over rated so the 1200 wrms would really be more like 900-1000wrms if you have dual 2 ohm vc's (wired to 1 ohm).
If you have dual 4 ohm vc's, the you should be able to get ~750 wrms if you wired it to 2 ohms..

Your enclosure and install is just as if not more important that the equipment you choose to use. The L7 will take a lot of space with the proper ported enclosure. If you do have dual 2 ohm vc's.. I have an amp that would work fine for the sub.. (Memphis PR class 1000 wrms Class D mono amp) I'll let it go for $160 shipped lower 48.

Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 831
Fitting I was taking a dump and reading this post. Big nasty one too kinda like the SQ of an L7. But the pr1000 is a solid amp. I'd buy it

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4242
lmao^

Gold Member

Post Number: 4173
lol.. Yeah.. The SQ of the L7 is lacking... But it is not a SQ sub.. It does do what it is supposed to do.. Get Loud... Either way, it will outpreform the sony's in every way... Most newb's want to get as loud as possible and likely haven't got the ear to hear the difference of a more SQL oriented sub.. He was trying to put as many subs as possible. I doubt SQ was at the top of his list...lol Either way, with the L7 on the right power and in the right box, can be a nasty little setup.. He will need to upgrade his frontstage to keep up if he hasn't already.. I would tune the L7 lower than kicker recommends to try and salvage some musicallity. A good thing about the Solobaric subs is that you can always find a local person to buy em off of you ..

Post Number: 2
im not positive but i think my L7 is a dual 4 Ohm. so basically what yall are saying is get rid of the walmart special.. if i just run the L7 off the sony amp will it be better? SQ isn't really an issue im just in it for the bang.. and what does frontstage mean? also i've got all 3 subs built into a custom box arent sealed boxes better for the L7's?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5215
nope, ported is BEST for the L7's

Gold Member

Post Number: 4176
nope. get mrid of the amp too. re-read my 1st post

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3057
jacob can we see a pix of your custom box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4177
frontstage = mids/highs coming from front of vehicle
very important upgrade if you want to hear anything else besides bass.

Rearfill =speakers that are in the rear dash and rear doors..Dont focus on these.. Not usually important. Cant really hear em over the bass.

you can have all three subs in your "custom" box hooked up to that amp and never have a problem. If you do you really wouldn't be loosing much due to failure as far as equipment goes.. But you could do it right and blow away what you have now.. .. Wouldn't even be close as far as loudness and clarity. trust me.

To answer your thread topic... No you are doing it completely wrong..

Post Number: 3
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4249399&l=d93baf70b3&id=558565648

heres a pic.

Post Number: 4
this is in the back of my 95 tahoe, my front doors have pioneer 5-1/4, and little 1" tweeters, back doors have some shitty lightning audio 6x9"s and farback doors have boston acoustic 5x7's.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 130
get red of the xplodes and shove the kicker in a ported box or vice a cersa.... my .02
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us