I could use some help

Username: Bigben27

Post Number: 1
So I drive a '99 Integra and just got a 10" rockford fosgate sub. The model number is P1S410. I really know almost nothing about car audio equipment and the way it works. I'm not a complete moron with electronics, but I definitely could use some help.

So I guess my question is what should I do about an amp and an enclosure. I believe those are the only things I need at this point. The power rating says RMS 150 W, and Peak 300 W. I know those numbers are important, but I don't know how to interpret them. Any recommendations on what power amp I need? And what about the box size? And do you recommend it be sealed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Username: Bigben27

Post Number: 2
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=108268&local e=en_US

so I found this, and it has all the specifications of the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5210
Yep, The P1. You won't need a big amp at all to power that.

Since your speaker is a single voice coil 4 ohm driver, you need an amp that puts out 100-200 watts at 4 ohms. what is your budget for the amplifier?

as far as the box, i can design or build one for you at a small cost. just shoot me an email in my profile. The box will be designed specifically for the speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us