Need help wiring up tweeters

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2601
well for S.S. this year Snow came through and gave me an Xtant 404m amp here are the specs
* 4 x 50 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohm
* 4 x 100 Watts Per Channel @ 2 Ohm
* 2 x 200 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohm Bridged

well either way i have a lot of tweeters from the parts express sale and was wondering whats the most tweeters i could safely run on this amp and how to wire them

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3053
That's a solid amp Ray i know that doesnt answer your question.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5122
wire 12 to each channel, so a total of 48 tweeters. Each can be wired to @ 2 ohms with a combo of ser/par.

Use a dmm.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10869
I hope you've got an external crossover going into this setup and know how to use it or i see a shitton of blown tweeters in your future

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2602
i can't use the internal crossover on my Panasonic touchscreen? and if not care to recommend any cheap but quality external crossovers

Pinche Gus whats up man where you hiding at and yeah thing is pretty sweet Snow came through for once ;) lol

thanks alot Marc

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3054
Busy as hell Ray spend the last two/three months looking to buy a house. Just two weeks ago I got the keys and moved in to my new place. Got a Kid on the way too. Plus I got plenty of side projects for the house going on. Looks like I won't be buying with car audio for a while now.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2604
tell me about it I just purchased a house aswell about 2 months ago and thats all i've been doing is working working out trying to get everything with the house done and finish everything up with my car and now its gonna take even longer since i decided to swap out the 307 v8 with a 455 big block :D and congrats on the kid guey, i think i lost your number text me sometime so we can catch up you still got my number right

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7825
Wire up 4 set of 48 tweets. Put a 5.6uF cap on each set.
That will be a 6dB/oct @ 14khz...and only 1 box of tweets :-)

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4171
192 tweets? Wow that would hurt.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2607
lol i dont think i wanna go that crazy i have enough tweeters to do it but i dont think i have enough room in my cutlass to do it without it looking absolutely tacky and in bad taste but then again even if i only did 48 it still wouldn't be lol idk lot of thinking to do where can i get those 5.6uF caps Canaan?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7826
u can get pretty much any size cap for crossovers on parts express. the 5.6 will work with a 2ohm load 6db/oct at 14khz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us