Single 15 in blazer

Bronze Member
Username: Glock40

Post Number: 24
i now need a sub to go with my kicker kx1200.1.

i called my local shop "Premier Sound", and they told me a DD 2515 would prob be louder than a CVX 15.

there dd2515 is 300 bucks, but i can get a cvx 15 on ebay for like i think 200 bucks

need opinions 2day please i wanna put order in, thx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ohhh..

or the aq hdc3 15

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2006
are you set on brand new?
are you set on a 15?

i would go with an 18 because you have the room.

you can get some nice subs used for a fraction of the cost.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23827

that is a great deal - i would get that

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7817
I far prefer the DD2500's sound to the Kicker CVX, and yes in the right install you will get better performance out of the DD2515.

As far as price.
Like you said, you can get the DD2515 new for ~$300...compare that to the CVX15's 'in-shop' price of around $425.

Better sub, better performance, better price, USA built, reconeable.

Just my $0.02, bu try a DD2515 on the new DD CM1
Yes, I may be alittle bias...I'm a DD Dealer. But here at the shop we do both new and used audio. I build as many boxes for Kicker subs as I do DD, hands down my customers prefer the 2500's sound to the CVX's. Unless they are on Kickers nutz, then there is just on helping them.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7818
That 3518 would be a monster in a blazer.

Depending on the sound you want, that DD2515 will sound good in either a ported or 4th-order. The 4th-order would be amazingly tight and punchy w/ great range (when designed properly).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
D@MMMMN, i should of checked this again yesterday...

i orderered 2 cvr 15's last night on ebay for 229.50, and also a cheap 0 gauge soundquest amp kit for 44.95, for my kx1200.1

Did I fxxk up with the 2 cvr 15's??? or will they be decent loud????

my box plan is.....

subs up, port back (centered), at exactly 7.96 cubes @ 37.5 hz, after sub and port displacement...

how should that be since already bought them

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2007
CVRs are not bad

and you saved money....on the same power - 2 15s will be louder than 1 18

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
what a relief, i wanted that 18 but already ordered the cvr 15's, and if they are at least a lil loud ill be happy

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10868
Get rid of that amp kit right away and get a brand name one.... almost all of those off brand kits lie about the actual size of the wire and there is no way to know, and believe me you DO NOT want to run a wire that is not the proper gauge.

Don't be a noob and try to skimp on the wire.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2242
lol i think that wire kit is crap
i got some cheap wire one time.... when it came in the mail and i looked and it i didn't even waste my time to put it in

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 272
Two 15's have more cone space then one 18 so you should be okay. It's not like you got a sh!!ty brand of 15's lol

M.S. is right, don't skimp on the wire..

Billboard brands make good amp kits (kicker mtx jl etc ect)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5503
Those CVR's will be very loud in that blazer. It really doesn't take too much to get good levels in an SUV. I have thrown some single 10" boxes (ID, AA, Fi) in my Pathfinder just to test and I am always surprised by the output. It helps to think of it as a real small room, with the added advantage (and disadvantage) of acting as a cabinet. The 15's won't have much SQ but if what you are looking for is some thump, you got that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
thanks every1,

but on that amp kit i just bought it cause i just would have though it would be good, being the kx1200 reqires name brand 4guage, so i just bought cheap brand 0 guage, but if thats really not enough ill by better, i dont want amp problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us