Optima Battery prices - just a heads up

Username: Jason11286

Colorado

Post Number: 7
got a memo this morning at our store that we will be getting a 23% price increase on January 5th on all optima batteries. it's NOT a distribution center/warehouse increase it is a manufacturer increase so it will be across the board to everyone. just thought i would share that

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2237
wow! thanks for the heads up!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15767
only the smaller systems wud use optima which is a decent batt while the competitors & killer sets wud be using brands like oddessy, kinetik, power master\xs power etc ...

Colorado

Post Number: 8
true enough. but not everyone here (including myself, sadly) has or can afford a killer setup. just trying to pass a little info along for the guys with smaller systems so they don't sh!t themselves next time they go to buy a red or yellow top

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15768
i hear u ...up until middle of this i myself used to run 1 small & 2 big yellowtops ...used to work well but when i started competing more in SPL i needed more juice ....

Colorado

Post Number: 9
yeah i have one yellow top and i'm trying to figure out if i want to add a 2nd one to my truck for the aq200d or not.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12930
This is just going to drive people away from optima even more but thanks for the heads up.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2239
i have to say if u get those d31 and put them on a charge until they start getting hot they put out more than anything iv seen, like over half a db compared to those big kinetik.... i know its really bad on them. but iv not seen any other battery do that

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10851
This is actually a good thing the way i see it. Optima sucks and its always hard to get noobs not to buy them cause they're so cheap... they dont get it that they're cheap for a reason... maybe now it will be easier to sell people on good batteries

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2040
Agreed MS. I even ran Optima for a while because it was the only battery I could get locally. After running Powermaster and dealing with Kinetik I learned why I should have just ordered offline a long time ago.

dBlk, that's certainly not a long term thing, that may work for competitions and those who have money to replace messed up batteries pretty often, but for daily use that's not a very good idea. Have you charged a d3100 or 2400 to the point where it got hot to compare?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2240
my freind actually got both batteries and tested them both by doing that to them..
u r right. it is not a long term thing. u only do that at those comps when u really need the extra tenths

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 415
jason, i buy my red tops for 30 bucks.

all day everyday... well not literally because i dont have that much money but you get the idea.

i only buy optimas for people or myself because i can buy them directly through johnson controls. 30 dollars for a decent battery, cant beat it. i know optimas arent top of the line but they're not bottom of the line by far. if some nerd wants to say they are let them, thats only because they're comparing a good battery to a godlike battery.

Colorado

Post Number: 10
well i would by no means say optima batteries "suck." as far as daily use goes they are a pretty good battery. i've only had 2 red tops come back to our store as far as i can remember. battery #1 got shorted out and melted the side posts, and battery #2 was in that same ultrasound rail inspection system, so he wanted 2 new batteries. now dont get me wrong, i am not a supporter of johnson controls, they f**ked us over once in the past, and we were forced to carry them again because that is what the main company decided to do. this however is most likely going to cause us to drop the optima line, but we're still stuck with johnson controls products.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us