ECoustics, I Put All My Faith In You

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11746
I've been going back and forth for months. Make the decision for me.

Should I:
A. Continue to sell everything as planned and get my money and save for a new car in the spring.

OR

B. Keep my stuff, buy wires and deadener again and go on with the install.

Everyday I go back and forth and I have literally no interest in any of the stuff I have for sale on any of the four forums I have it listed on.

So E, tell me what to do. Don't tell me to install it just because its an audio forum.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4270
Well. I can relate to this, kind of. I am debating on selling my current system to change it up, or selling it to do mods to my car. I am heavily leaning towards mods. So, I guess I would say new car. Maybe just keep it and save for a new car anyway? I know its nice to have that first chunk of change to get you started though. Ultimately its up to you. :-)

I bet that didn't help a single bit. LOL

What kind of car are you thinking about getting?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11747
It'd be nice to have that $1500-$1700 to really get going you know? Lol.

I'm really leaning towards an STS or an SUV.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4233
...Keep your stuff and install it! What the hell is wrong with your car? Nothing! So why get a new one??? If it ain't broke don't fix it...

IMO

Get on aim one of these days.

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Colorado Springs/, CO

Post Number: 350
Well if your not completely satisfied with the car you have now and will probably get another some where down the road why invest time in the car you have now. I say sell the system get the car you want then invest in the new a new system

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4766
What the hell do you need a SUV for. Bad choice.

No family/kids
Gas suks
etc

Be smart. If your current car doesn't have any problems, keep it.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2337
I was debating this last year @ this time.

I chose to sell it all and go with a different car I wanted for along while.

It took me a while to find the perfect one, but I did it!

I have no regrets, however I miss the hell out of the audio game.

I will be back though, i promise.

also I still have my other car.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2387
Damn yanks ive been gone for about a year and you about to get a STS?

Go geta CTS V man..............

Oh you should let me get that orion for like $20

How you like this blizard?

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1092
You ever get that crown vic you wanted andrew?

I say sell everything and sell me the orion cheap or ill trade for landscaping at your place.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11748
I'll get on AIM tonight Steve so get on nikka. You too, Bean. I'll have two feet of snow on the ground so I got nothing to do.

Julian, I'll give you the Orion if you come shovel all of this snow in my driveway with a spoon.

Travis, good to fukkking see you bud. How's it going down there? Nice snow storm we got lol. I don't have the money for a CTS V lol. I'm 20 with a job that pays $8.50 an hour lmao.

Bern, the only reason I would get an SUV is cause I drive to my beach house every month and it'd be nice to have a bigger car to drive in with all of my stuff. Also my family doesn't have an SUV so it'd be nice to have an SUV for when it snows (IE, today). I doubt I'd get an SUV though. If I did get a car, it'd be an STS more than likely.

I think I'm leaning towards keeping it all now. I'll give it to the end of the day before my decision.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2338
Nah julian, I got a Lincoln LS instead.

I will own a blacked out crown vic one day tho... i promise ! :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392
Drop the vic, and get a B body. AKA 91-96 caprice/impala, roadmaster, or D body.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2236
what all do u have?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2393
Dblk are you asking me?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11749
Dblk, I have a 12" RL-s, Orion 250d, HAT Clarus c6 1/2, Tru Tech T2.200.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12929
"..Keep your stuff and install it! What is wrong with your car? Nothing! So why get a new one??? If it ain't broke don't fix it..."

x2 on this

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4234
wtf yanks you aren't even on.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11751
AIM is retarded. Text me Steve.

Better yet, sext me.

I mean.....

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10854
If your stuff is not selling for the prices you are asking then why not install it. Can always take it out when you get the new car. Just buy new wire, don't even bother with deadener, thats a lot of work for a car you won't be keeping.

On another note, I know a guy at work who has an STS. It is a nice car, luxury interior and all, but it's smaller than i expected for a cadillac. Personally i would want a bit more space.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2041
If going for an SUV I'd personally get something a bit larger. I was going to sell all of my equipment, but I ended up just trading it in. Even now I was about to sell my extra alternators and 18s, but now I find myself going larger again.

A nice car will make you happy, but you'll always miss the sound of your audio gear. It wont be long before you're trying to replace or add things in your new vehicle. I vote hold onto your equipment, buy the wire, and wait on the deadener because you want a new vehicle. A new car would get messed up with the salt and snow from winter.

When weather gets better in Spring then see if you want a new vehicle more than a system.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3361
yanks I'll sell you some wire. 150 shipped.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11755
^Lmao. You're such a prikk Snow lol.

I'm craving a nice system right now so I'm going to keep it all and do a little build with David. No deadener, well maybe a tiny bit in certain spots. Certainly won't be 110sqft of Damp Pro like I was going to do lol.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 860
Keep the car.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4170
i've almost bougfht a STS twice over the last 4 years... I bought my Jeep instead.. Still wonder if I made a mistake.. It already had 4 screens and wiring for a system.. Along with the 20" rims ect... was worried it would be real heard too get as loud I really wanted.. Ultimately you are the one who really needs to make this decision.. That way you don't 2nd guess it as much later on down the road..

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2606
i was at this point about a year ago i had 4 10"s a 1500 watt amp a touchscreen some kicker comps lots of wire and was debating whether to install it or trade it for a cutlass my friend had i ended up trading him for the cutlass and now i've put close to 6k into it and i got a new system for it 15" AQ HDC3 on an RD1750.1 i got a panasonic touchscreen 20" rims so in the end i got the car i wanted and an even better system :-) just go with what you feel yanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us