System Opinions and Sub Questions

Bronze Member
Username: Dreilly1982

Post Number: 12
So I am buying myself a new system for christmas. Other than the H/U the system is fully Infinity Kappa. I have on order 2 pair 682.9CF speakers, 2 x 120.9W sub, a Kappa Four amp for the speaks, and a Kappa One amp for the subs. Question is should I go for a sealed or a ported box? This is going into my Explorer, so space isn't an issue. I have read that ported has more thump, while sealed sounds better. Well I like to feel my bass but I listen to alot of music....everything from hip hop to classical....so I like my sound quality too. Also is a single Kappa one enough power? Would it be overkill to get another? I'm not worried about cost as I am getting all the parts at cost, lemme know what you think. Thanks in advance!

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10843
Have you listened to those speakers.... many people agree that infinity's tweeters do not sound that good, although that is subjective.

Subs are a different story, great sound from those.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9495
What sounds good to one may or may not sound good to another as MS said.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ya I've heard they're harsh to start but I've also heard that they break in and mellow out quickly, but for the price I paid I can't beat them.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10846
Um, no... the sound is not going to change. I advise to stop listening to whoever told you that haha.

And usually they can be beat for the price, how much are you paying? Alpine type R components are what I recommend to people on a low budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Well I really am not allowed to say exact pricing....but it's less than $40/pr for the speaks and less than $100 for each sub

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 260
Not to jump into the thread randomly and start asking questions and sh!t but why are you stuck on Infinity Kappa?

As MS said the sound of the tweets will not change.

I've heard some infinity subs before Ina 80's stang and it was pretty good.

Now I don't know why you decided too all infinity, you could be weird like me it'd just make you feel better to have all the same brand.. but in this type of situation that's not really the smart thing to do.

Exspecially if it's a DD and not for show.

The alpine type r comps sound great for 120.00 (eBay) and for everyone I know that are starting out with a skimp buddget I recomend them.

and on a personal note, car audio is not a hobby that can be done cheaply.. don't try to cut any corners.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 3018
sure car audio can be done cheaply ... u just need to know where ur doing

infinity makes a great woofer ... the kappa perfects have very solid output.. and for the money ur paying t here unbeatable .. i ran 2 kappa 12s sealed off a jbl bp1200 .. sounded great ..

the speakers are very different in their output ... make sure u hear them in a car ... not a sound room ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us