Ok ready to step-up

Bronze Member
Username: Tgspeedracer

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 14
So I have thought about this and am ready to give up my rear seat, in my truck to run a big airspace box. I am getting rid of my t1 10's and going to get another t2 12.

So I need help with a box, I am going to be running 2 RF T212d2's should I just build the box that RF recomends and just build 2, 30wx15.25hx15.25d port tuned to 40hz, or should I go lower.

I am looking to do some local spl comps and mainly listen to rock and rap, but I want it to pound.

Thanks in advance

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 15
space avalible is about 62" wide 30" tall and 18" depth

Silver Member
Username: Dangeranger

Fredericktown, Ohio United States

Post Number: 215
your mixing and matching subs? didn't you have a thread on this recently?

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 559
no i believe he has a t1 10, he is getting rid of and getting another t2 12" to match his current one. now he just wants help on deciding on his custom box for the two. am i right tyler?

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 16
yup

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2225
tuning to 40 is good. i would go with a little more than 4cuft. i would make it 5 or 6 cuft . make a big arrow port with a flange on the end. round of the corners inside the box. double baffle were the subs set.
i would make everything facing up with subs on passenger side and port on drivers side,

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 17
I am just looking at what to do for the box for 2 matching 12's. with plenty of space by removing the back seat. I am just curious about where I should have my port tuned to. RF recomended box is tuned to 40hz but the subs can handle lower, but I drive this truck everyday and listen to music a couple hours a day and want it to sound good for all music. I will only put it in maybe 1-2 competitions per year so that is not a big concern but would like good spl, maybe 150ish or so.

if I just take the RF recomended box, build two of them and mirror one, so both ports will be in the middle and then each sub will face the back of the front seats, ( one behind driver, and one behind pass).

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 18
dBlk.. sorry man, I am new to this, and I dont know what an arrow port is. and pics you know of ?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1990
its aero port...not arrow

http://psp-inc.com/

"maybe 150ish or so."

150 is harder to hit than most think.

if you are taking out your back seats, and you have that much space - you might as well run some 18s. more cone area = louder, pending install of course

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 19
gottcha. round.

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 20
I have been playing with the box maker

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

I am thinking w30 h and d 17, 4 port , 11 length

gives 2.876 volume
and 39.88hz

does that sound good or should I change something, this would be per sub

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7812
What vehicle do you have?

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 21
2000 chevy pickup ext cab 3 door

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 562
you cant build a box that gives the full potential for spl and want it to still sound good on all regular music, unless you use interchangeable ports. its very complicated i would say just make a box around 40 hz and that should be good for daily.

Bronze Member

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 22
yes as much as I want to do well in competitions, I dont think I will be in very many. This is my work truck and I do alot of driving. So I think it will bother me if the music does not sound good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us