Need help with my setup

Username: Claud

Post Number: 4
I have two ten inch kenwood kfc 2511 powered by a rockford fosgate punch 360a2. in a sealed box. im considering getting two twelve inch kenwood kfc 3011 subs (because i was thrilled with the performance of the 10 inch kenwoods for the price) and a seperate amp to power the two twelve inch subs. Im looking for reccomendations as far as if im going to need an extra battery or a capacitor or even a high output alternator for my car to run two amps. Also i need reccomendations as far as what amp to get to power the two twelve inch kenwood kfc 3011s

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4762
Best advice I can give you. Sell everything and start fresh! Don't mix up different subs/sizes. I've done it before in the past when I started out. Trust me, when you have a proper setup its 10 times better. Most people are able to run 1000rms on their stock electrical systems. Plan your system wisely and if your system takes a lot of power, then I would invest in the electrical if needed.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2203
u can run those amps. i would just sell them and get something better though. it will be a lot better if u didn't get kenwood subs. and i would save u some money if u didn't get rf amps

Post Number: 7
Well I prob wouldn't need a new battery or high output alternator but it's hard for me to part with the two ten inch kenwood I have right now because they've performed phenominal I set car alarms off with just two ten inch subs! Would buying two more of the kenwood kfc ten inch subs be better than buyin two kenwood kfc twelves? Or would two more tens on a seperate amp not make much of a difference as far as loudness?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10813
Kenwood sucks... bout all there is to it, amps, subs, or speakers.

They only good stuff they make is HUs

As blk said the best way to go is with a new setup... wow I actually agree with blk on something

Post Number: 8
What do you suggest for subs in the kenwood price range then?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
And whats the problem with running two different size subs (two 10")(and two 12") if they are the same series (kenwood kfc 2511 & 3011)??

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 563
it causes cancellation

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
so it makes it not as loud? what would be better then, if i got 2 more tens for a total of 4 tens. or 2 twelves and just run the 2 twelves???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us