Poreted box for single cab truck?

Username: Z_weezy

Post Number: 1
i have two 12 inch fosgate p3 shallow subs and a kicker 600.1 amp. i'm not sure if i should build a ported box or a sealed box. im kinda short on space behind my seat as its a single cab truck. can anyone help me with the specs for either box and which box will they hit the hardest in? any help is much appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: 2000fordranger

La

Post Number: 88
shallow subs are made for tite space in which they will perform best in a sealed box. You need to find the specifications for your sub to see how big of a box you need.

Post Number: 2
the volume says it should be 0.6 to 1.2 cubic feet. i have a box that was for 10'' subs its a sealed dual sub box. would it be ok to cut the holes to fit my 12'' subs?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 89
is the box .6-1.2 cubic feet? if so then yes. If not than i would recommend you not to do it.

Post Number: 3
i used a volume calculator and its like 1.28852. is it safe to use?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 90
Personally i'd use it but i'd rather consult with other members on this site just to be sure they dont have another opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2875
As long as you fit within the minimum requirements for internal airspace you SHOULD be ok. Make sure you subtract sub displacement (the volume of air the subwoofer itself actually takes up inside the box) to calculate the correct volume.. also try a little bit of fiberfill to help. Google it to figure out the correct combination.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4761
What kind of truck is this going into? If you have enough space between the front two seats you can build and center console box with both subs facing down. Or get shallow mount subs..

Post Number: 5
i have shallow mount subs. i have 12'' fosgate punch p3s. one of my buddies is telling me that there is no way to make them really slam is the term he always uses. im new to car audio so im kinda learning from everyone. and i have a full bench seat so a center console box wouldnt work. also how do i find the correct amont of polyfill to place in the box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us