Torn between three subs...

Username: Jason11286

Colorado

Post Number: 1
Right now I'm running a 12" Alpine Type-X off a Kicker ZX1000.1 in a 2.3cu ft. box (I think....been a year since I built it) vented and tuned to 32hz. Anyway I'm looking at buying either an AQ HDC312, DD3512e, or the RE MX12. I plan on running this same box but upgrading to the AQ2200D amp. I like good SQL but at the same time I like to be able to turn it up and have eye blurring gut wrenching bass. Opinions? I've never used any of these three brands and am going blind reading the forum here in the past two days.

Oh...I've got a 200 amp MCR alternator and running 2/0 wire on all connections under the hood, and 1/0 to the amp I have now. I'll probably need another battery....

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12913
The hdc312 willl be almost as loud as the as the dd3512 but wont sound as good. The 3512 will sound better. I dont no about the mx12.

Colorado

Post Number: 2
From what i've read here the hdc312 is about $100 less than the DD3512. Is the sound difference between the two subs worth it?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2197
HDC3 is best for the money... the DD prolly is better... i think the RE would play lower..
my vote says the HDC3

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12916
"Is the sound difference between the two subs worth it?"

I think it is....and ive heard both

Colorado

Post Number: 3
alright i emailed DD for exact pricing since there's absolutely no dealers near me. so nobody knows anything about the RE MX series?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12918
you can look on ebay too.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 557
hdc3 ftw

Colorado

Post Number: 5
checked ebay a few times in the past few days there's one hdc315 and absolutely nothing by DD. guess that's what happens when you're not dealing with mass produced products. i don't think i can go wrong with either sub but i keep going back to the AQ...

Bronze Member
Username: 2000fordranger

La

Post Number: 87
not that it matters but AQ has the best shipping ive seen. it said 3-7 business days for ground but it came in on a Tuesday and i ordered it on a Friday night.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us