My Subs arent as loud as they used to be

Username: Cvwarriors65

Post Number: 1
My setup is i have an 8 gauge wire running to a 1 farad tsunami cap then to a distrubitor which then feeds into a 1000 watt visonik amp powering my rears and then a 1100 watt crunch amp powering my subs. i have 2 12" 700 watt powerbass subs in a ported dual box with a fiberglass front. Lately i have noticed my system isnt as loud as it used to be, it used to really bump and i could feel the bass pushing on my eardrums and now it just feels like when i had my single 12" memphis in there. Anybody have any idea what could be happening?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12914
what vehicle do you have? Maybe your electrical is losing its luster.

Post Number: 2
Thats what i was afraid of and i have a 99 grand am

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12915
oh well that shouldnt be it ....you should have a 102 amp alternator

Username: Jason11286

Colorado

Post Number: 4
gain get changed somehow? maybe something bumped it in the trunk? or settings in your HU? i know they sound like stupid, obvious things but those are usually a good place to start

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12917
no thats actually a possibility nothing dumb about that

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 376
could be a possibility that one of the subs gave out. should check them one by one with a 9v battery.

Post Number: 3
Im gonna check the levels tommorrow but wolf that was my first thought and i checked both subs by hooking em up one at a time yesterday and the both hit equal like the only think i could think of could my battery be getting shitty and not putting as much power to the amps?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 220
Maybe u just got used to it

Username: Jason11286

Colorado

Post Number: 6
they call it cumulative hearing loss. that's fancy talk for "it's time for a system upgrade." but seriously start at one end and work your way back. the majority of the time it's something extremely simple. i had a buddy wire one of my subs wrong back in the day and i spent hours trying to figure out what had changed.

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

BC Canada

Post Number: 377
it might be ur battery.! at the last comp i was at my buddies system sounded like sh#t and said it wasnt as loud as before. turned out to be his deep cycle battery sh*t the bed. after he changed it all was good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us