Pioneer Premier

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 83
So i have been looking at some new HUs and i stumbled on a few pioneer premiers that i liked, primarily DEH-P780MP, give me some advice waddya think, i currently have a 9887 and im real partial to the USB sooo..if anyone finds anything better show me a link or if you have experence with these tell me how they are.

Bronze Member
Username: Circa09skater

Post Number: 88
i have the same HU except not the premier line. I think it's a great unit. Pioneers are known to have bad RCAs, but so far i haven't had any trouble with mine

Bronze Member
Username: Tuloud

Post Number: 20
Yeah got the same also. I have had the deh-p780mp for about 2 years now. Great unit, still works as good as the day I bought it. Havent had any trouble with the RCAs but heard also of the issues. I am very pleased with it so far holds up great in the winter been through some cold days hear in chicago started up everytime. You can look at the premier deh-p880prs. This thing is pretty awsome and has alot of features to it. But the alpine you already have is one of the top choices for me.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5467
I have the Premier 780 too... zero issues in almost three years. Best deck ever IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1750
I have a Premier 780 and it blew the RCA's after a year and a half.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15725
have my 860 for the past 4yrs with 0 problems

changed it 2 wks ago for a 880prs ...

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1870
i have a 590 premier line and its a nice deck it dosnt have all the features you like but its still nice and simple to use.

I did have to send it in for repairs because the volume nob fell off lol, and the IR sensor died so i couldn't use my remote and the ipod interface got screwed up or something idk, it deleted a play-list once off my ipod. The repair only cost me shipping since it was a premier and has a 2 year warranty.

other than those issues i do have a hiss when its paused, not sure if thats rca whine though or what.

All in all since your getting 2 models higher i would imagine it would be rock solid as ive had mine for 2 years and those are my only problems.

I actually was looking to upgrade to the same deck you are looking at but i wish it had a usb on the front.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15729
wait a minute wasnt the DEH-P780MP a model from about 3-4 yrs ago , so ur still able to find 1 bnib ? ..

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 84
No i think im going to go for a DEH-P980BT.. they look awsome!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4229
I have a 780 too. Bought one from Brad W. about 2 years ago. Out of all the different HU's I've seen and played with, the 780 is by far the most user friendly and best looking HU ever imo and has tons of features. Never had a problem with it either.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2154
had a 780mp in my xterra for 2 years...loved it. never had a problem with the screen. did have the RCA issue but its a very easy fix. however, if you install it correctly, it shouldnt happen.

great deck for sure

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11726
I took great care of mine but it broke after 2 years.

::shrugs shoulders::

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12911
I personally wont buy a pioneer head unit because of the hit and miss with their products

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 251
x2

alpine for function eclips for sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us