Blaupunkt

Bronze Member
Username: 2000fordranger

La

Post Number: 79
any reviews with this brand? negatives? pluses?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5462
Back in the day all of the Blaupunkt gear was made in Germany and was top notch. The blue dot was a sign of quality and all of the Euro car manufacturers used their cd decks in their luxury cars. Now they are made in Maylasia and the quality has dropped somewhat. Bosch sold the company to another German outfit early this year. The units still have German engineering and are decently made, but for the money you are better off with Pioneer, Alpine and Eclipse. But I still wouldn't mind having a Blaupunkt Memphis, those are nice decks.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 80
what about their sub line? i need to know whether or not to say yes to these subs or no to them. now that ive gotten everything straightened out my dad told im tired of f****** with this crap go to here and tell the guy what you want and yall come to an agreement on what he can and can't order....ive heard there is a dealer of RE in town but im going to call there tomorrow and find out their prices.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 670
Blaupunkt subwoofers look like crap but perform well with low power. Head units are middle of the road on build quality but they have a good sound.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5463
Stay away from their subs, most are entry level and not good. The Velocity series VPw Pro's arent bad but you can do much better for the money. RE's are a much better choice if you have to buy local.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 81
yea, ok thats what i needed to know. I think thats all they sold as far as subs are concerned. how does jvc rank in the head units?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 82
one more question is the alpine cda-9886 as good as the 9887 except its face plate is not removeable?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5464
Both have detachable face. The only real difference between the two is the 9887 has Burr Brown DAC's but you won't be able to tell the difference. The 9886 is the better buy and it comes with USB which is optional on the 9887.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 83
yea thanks. this guy says he doesnt do alpine anymore because he had warranty issues or some crap.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 671
what is your location

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 84
shreveport

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15727
like said above they used to be good stuff yrsssss ago ....

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 85
i went to the store today and while they do have blaupunkt subs theyre main sub line that they advertise is quantum? blaupunkt is the brand of speakers they installed in my truck a few months ago. Is quantum any good? im looking at them right now.

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 86
well guys, i finally did it.....I TOLD my dad that i wasnt happy with these guys and that theyre not helpful. he told me whatever and that he used them becuase thats where the old place he worked used. he said he wasnt very impressed with him BUT he was more neutral so he gave me another place to go look at. I called them and they shut down at 6 and its 7 and the owner answered and was very nice and curtious to me. He mentioned him carrying Clarion and Pioneer and a few other decent head units. He said Alpine and RE just arent very popular around here. I said yea ive gotten that about RE only one place has them in stock and they want 350 per SE sub. I said thats crazy. Im going there monday to see head on what he has and what he can get. over all im finally happy to get a decent guy thats very professional and respectful. I believe he will do me right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us