Head Phones

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11719
First off, I would kill a child for a pair of Dr. Dre Beats. I heard them and I love them. I don't love paying $300 for headphones so forget that. I'd pay $200 for them though to be honest.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for headphones that are like under $150? I know nothing about headphones, what is there to know about them lol. I listen to my iTouch very often and the headphones are terrible as I'm sure everyone knows.

I'm curious about the DD Earbuddz. Canaan, Nick, anyone hear them?

Someone throw me some links.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7809
The earbuDDs are pretty badass. You just HAVE to put the right inserts on them to fit your ears. They will seal off well and block alot of sound, you don't have to play them all that loud because of it. One thing I hate is walking past someone w/ buds in and you can hear the music, they are killing their ears.

The bass is very smooth w/ the earbuDDs. Reminds me of an open air horn as far as response. And you can seal off some of the ports on them to tune to your liking. The opening bass guitar in Seether's "Fallen" is awesome! Highs are pretty tame, and I like that...but some people just want TICK TICK, BOOM, TICK, I hate that.

To tell the truth, I want to tune my Avalanche to sound like the earbuDDs.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11720
Well that sounds impressive. If you want your car to sound like that, then they can't be too shabby at all lol. Can I ask you how much they are Canaan? I wanna say I heard they were like $60? Seems cheap for DD lol.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1493
http://www.gradolabs.com/
i have a pair of sr80s. great cans.

or
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=241-426

the beats by dre are crap for that price. geared towards rap/hiphop music for obvious reasons. midrange was crap but they hid it by making them very bass freindly

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7810
Full MSRP on the EarbuDDs is $119.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/HomeAudio/order.asp

DD ran a crazy special awhile back on them for $60 though. If you walk into a DD Dealer, you should be able to get them for quite a bit less than $119 though.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5452
I agree with Phil about the Grado SR 80's (and all Grado's) being great and the Dre Beats being overpriced. Pretty rare that a black man is so smart...

I listen to alot of headphones in the studio but almost all of them are well out of your price range. But the last couple weeks I been recording at this studio that has a few sets of the new Shure SRH440's, and I am blown away. Full and deep bass, fairly accurate mids, and crisp highs. They are also super comfortable, are super heavy duty, and with an impedance of 44ohms they will have great output on your iTouch. Detachable cord, screw on 1/4" jack, nice carrying bag... Shure stuck the landing on these. I very highly recommend them, and for $99.99 (or possibly cheaper if you shop around) they are a steal.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5453
And if some in this thread don't know the name Shure -- they have been making the world's most popular professional microphones since 1933... which is around the time your grandfather met your grandmother and years later had your father, who eventually met your mother and had sex, producing your dumb ass.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2993
^ lol. im a fan of Ultrasone as well as Shure. also, i agree on the BBD. i wanted them at first (the looks got me) but gave them a listen in best buy and the sound didn't match the price tag.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11722
Thanks everyone for the info.

Brad, I'm going to look into those and the Grado's Phil mentioned. I've been looking up any info I can on them :-) Those Shure's look nice.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5456
Yanks the SR80's are great cans, I have used them many times, but they aren't what you want for this application. They are "open" headphones that sit on top of your ears and not around them. This means that they don't have very good bass response and others around you can hear very clearly what you are listening to. They are also designed to work much better with a headphone amp.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11723
Alright Brad. No offense to anyone else but if I had to pick one person to listen to on here about headphones, it'd be you considering your line of work lol.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1076
i got my EarbuDDs for $60 ship here from them since no one here sells them

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9489
Brad, would you mind being my b1tch for a little bit and giving your unbiased opinion on Audio Technica ATH-AD700s? I know they're hideous but they're supposed to sound pretty godly from what I've read. I definitely plan on painting them(at least the grills from the purple to black.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/567089b73c33056f/index.html

Link provided for those curious.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5471
Rob it just depends on what you are going to listen to on them. I have seen mixing engineers use those to check the panning assignments, so they have very accurate imaging. The 700's are an open design which I explained to John a few posts up. I threw them on for awhile and remember saying they seemed huge for open-airs and that they had very nice mid and highs accuracy and crispness, but as with almost all open-airs, the lows are kind of tight and rolled off. They are mostly geared to the acoustic, light rock, classical and vocal music crowd. Seems to me you like more rock, r&b and hip hop so these aren't a good choice.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9492
Thanks for the reply, I'm definitely more a fan of rock and hip hop/cRap are things I listen to less and less haha. R&B doesn't really do it for me. I guess I'll hold off on them. I may just have to do some more research but these would be mainly for all around PC use, movies, music and a bit of gaming.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us