Box Design for Power Hx2 10" Single

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 527
I am building a box this week for a 10" power hx2, does anybody, have old plans for a box that they made for their 10" power hx2, its going to be in the back seat of a quad quab dakota taking up 2 of the rear seats, i want it tuned to something to hit all the lows, but can still get up there on some highs. if anybody has a plan so i can build one in my construiction clas please help me out, thanks

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 528
can somebody please give me some ideas, im picking up the sub this week, and want to use the free mdf while i still can in my construction class, please help guys !!!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15663
is that the old model from yrs ago ?

there stock specs\box plans shud work find if u can find the manual for it online ...

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 529
yeah its the old model from before the t1's and t2's, i had a box for a 12" power hx2, and it sounded great, before i blew it, wonderin if i should just throw another piece of mdf on top to make the 10 fit in. thanks alot

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15665
havent worked with the 10" version though i have built boxes for the 12 & 15 " in it

specs i used were very close to the largest box RF recommends so i suggest u try that to get some good performance with ur 10".....

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 537
ok now ive never built a box from scratch, when i go to the site, will it give me dimensions and stuff because i dont know how to figure that stuff out. i want to design a box so it sits on the seat but the sub and port are about 7 or 8 inches from the roof in the quad cab dakota.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15666
http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html ....

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 539
i cant figure out how to change it because i dont want an L port i want the classic ports for the box, can you help me out lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15670
just place ur mouse point on the numbers in red & change to suit

what do u mean by "classic ports" ?

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:WHeKbvDVsXoJ:www.rockfordfosgate.com/r ftech/library/2000/5_Subwoofers/LIT10683_DVCwoofers_MAN.pdf+rockford+fosgate+hx2 +manual&hl=en&gl=tt&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESi09C6ed2pDqQmvBjbDSdaBy1lQSqPUSu4Gw3a1dfJ GbzC1WY4jGNJoGXKkcWS4TiQD4-0bG4DQPNfAG2lcRiu2wI90Ay6II5G0KDmBEh5xA8Amrh0PQF_Q5cM vgROLvXd7xc7y&sig=AHIEtbQLkAr_zyHGc2TxiM14iodvL0tdfA

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 ...

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 542
what i meant was the round ports, anyways i got some dimensions im gonna try and build the box in construction, what do i use to build, glew screws? could you possibly make me a small list of what to do in order? thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 263
not really a difference when using aero ports and an L ported box.. just get any wood screws, or staples for a staple gun for an air compressor.. titebond glue works good.. thats about all u need...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5184
i would not rec. stapling. But definently use wood screws (course thread, 1 5/8") and titebond 1 or 2. And yes, there is no difference between aero's and slot ports. Besides looks and space requirements, each one has their advantages.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 544
ok i guess ill start on the box tomorrow, should i post updates and pictures of the box.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 545
i finished using the re audioo box calculator and it said 37 hz, is that ok?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15683
sub has a Fs of 30hz

u wud be wasting the ability of the sub try lower 30s like 33-34hz ...

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 548
ok so i tuned it down on the enclosure calculator to about 33.3hz, should this be alright?

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 549
anybody?? will this be a wise decision before i start cutting?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15689
go 4 it ! ...

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 283
bassmann3.. its not exactly a staple.. its more of a nail. its not two pronged like a staple. it goes in an air compressored gun and when you shoot them in wood, they lock into the wood. cant think if the exact name. its what i build all my boxes with.. holds just as good as screws, but doesnt chip and split like screws do

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 554
ok so today in construction i finished cutting all the dimensions the re audio calculator gave me, now tomorrow i want to be set to get a full periods worth of work on my box, how do i go about assembling the box, for a final time what do i use to put it together? i dont believe we have a nail gun in the shop, we have screws, fine nails, wood glue etc, now if its dier need i can get one somewhere, if somebody could just give me a list of what i need to do in order to finish this box, that would be great, thanks a tons guys. i will post pics when i am done this week :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15723
attach 2 pieces of port together then front \side \ back \ other side ...then either top or bottom : does not matter since its the same ...

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 555
what should i use to keep the box together tho?

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1087
wood glue

Silver Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 138
tac it togther with nails, using wood glue at the joins. then once the box is complete use a counter sink pilot bit then use screws. the screw will be sink into ur box and if u use the right piot bit and screw straight into the wood u shoudnt split the wood.

Silver Member
Username: Wfbass

Stephenville, NL Canada

Post Number: 139
air nails of coarse

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 556
i looked online and they said to use number 8 woodscrews, 2 1/4 inch with the first three quearters of an inch below the head has no threads. so ill see how that works out today? do i glue then screw? or do i just screw then silicone the inside?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15732
glue then screw

seal the inside if u think it needs it ...

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 558
i guess i need to use a countersink bit first, i split my wood for the port right down the middle.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15733
http://www.bcae1.com/

no 110 ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us