Interchangeable ports

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1140
can someone help me design a box for a aq hdc315 that i can use interchaneable ports i would like to be able to go from external for comps to internal for dd

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9469
Are you planning on using aero ports or a slot port? Give as much info as possible as well, what vehicle? What kind of power? What is your goal in terms of SPL? Any size limitations?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1142
4.5 cubic feet its going a car im wanting to do spl comps and the sub like i said is a aq hdc315 with a sundown 1200d pushing it. which would be easier to use aero ports or vent port

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2159
aero would be best
have u had any sealed boxes in ur car to test what note works out in ur car?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1144
well thats the thing we tested it out and the freqs are 50 hrts to the trunk 35 pointed towards the cab i wanna do the sub firing up because my box can only be 13.5 tall

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1481
subs firing up in a trunk car is NOT a good idea. Alot of cancellation/standing wave issues will arise from the speaker pointing directly at a near surface. i.e. the trunk lid

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1146
well it wouldnt be right on the trunk lid but i understand what your saying ill take a pic of the trunk tomorrow and show you all what im working with

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2843
"subs firing up in a trunk car is NOT a good idea. Alot of cancellation/standing wave issues will arise from the speaker pointing directly at a near surface. i.e. the trunk lid"

I call bs on that. I've never once had a problem with up-firing in a trunk. Infact there are MANY trunk cars that are louder with sub firing up. Sub up port back is a very typical setup in both daily and spl applications.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12868
my trunk car was 2 db louder sub firing up compared to forward or back....that was using a sealed box

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1147
so sean and some donnie dude are you all saying this would be a good idea i have always thought that it would be louder if i faced my subs up and port into the cab but never done it now that the seasons over i can. and i really like the 15 always wanted it. and if i dont this what am i looking at for ports since i want to use external for comps and internal for a daily driver

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2160
nothing wrong with firing up. iv seen lots of loud boxes firing up.
run a sweep with it sealed firing up to see

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3210
In my findings, the smaller trunk cars are usually louder firing up.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2161
i agree.
my freind mathew break 50s with 2k watts with a single 15 just like what u have. his is NOT firing up but a have an other friend that breaks 50s in his cavalier with subs and port back. (usually hits low 49s)
he has a new box firing up and he got a little louder
what kind of ride do u have?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1148
i have a 2004 dodge intrepid

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1149
in fact there is a guy on the home page of audio que using the same year car as mine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us