Tough decision, help plz

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 198
i kno this is off topic and should be in the video game section. but no one uses it and my question will never get answered. here it is. ps3 or xbox 360? my 360 recently jus pooped out(3 red lights) on my again and itd cost round 100 to send it in to get fixed. ive never played ps3 or heard of problems with it. should i say p!ss on fixin my 360 again n get a ps3.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15648
most trouble free system : the Wii

if that happened to me id def not want to go thru that crap again - id try a ps3 ...

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1141
dont buy the newer ps3 slim get the older one i heard they picked up the xboxs catching on fire thing but i love my playstation and i have had no problems out of it

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5174
Zach,

if you got the 3 red lights, microsoft fixes it for free... iv got it twice and haven't paid a cent. you just fill out the paper online and you get it back in a couple weeks. I dont know why you paid 100 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9467
Zack, grab yourself a Playstaion 3, unless you want to deal with more red ring issues with a 360 or want to play children's games on Wii. I'm guessing your 360 is out of warranty and has been so you initially sent it to one of those guys who claim to fix the red ring issue. All they did was install some washers where the GPU and heatsink bolts together, by doing this they remove some flex in the board and ATTEMPT to create a better contact area between the GPU and the GPU's heatsink. The problem with this fix is that when you apply whatever thermal paste or patch is the insane amount of heat causes the past or patch to spread and over time this fix usually fails. That being said, don't send your Xbox out to be fixed by Joe Smoe again. I just read an online article about how 60% of Xbox 360s FAIL.

Ben, there's only one reason to get an older PS3 versus the new slim version to my knowledge, that reason is having the ability to install and run Linux on the older PS3 which you'd want for cracking(some call it hacking).

Anyhow, if it were up to me I'd either get a PS3 OR even a Wii. As terrible as the games are for Wii it's better to have a console in your home as opposed to sending it out to Microsoft just because you have a warranty. You pay good money to play a gaming console, not to have it fixed by Microsoft right? By the way, I would like to mention that there is a failure rate with PS3s as well and that ranges from 20 to 30%, you'll get mixed information on that and Wii is the most reliable with something less than a 10% failure rate.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2841
There are many more good games out on the 360 than the ps3 imo. Sell your 360 on ebay, go the best buy and buy just the arcade and keep all your old accessories to use with it BUT make sure you get best buys extended warranty (black tie protection plan).

My cousin has went through probably 4 different 360's and every time they just hand him a new one no matter if it was internal or his own fault. When the Elite came out they even let him pay an extra ~$70 to swap his pro for the elite. Not to mention they had a special that week with 2 free 360 with purchase of a console and they even gave him that deal. So for ~$70 he upgraded from a 20 to 120gb hard drive, got a whole new fresh elite console and 2 games that were relatively new at the time. Not to mention the warranty on that console too.

I work at best buy and see all the things they warranty that people bring in with their best buy black tie protection plan, it's a good deal.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 200
@ bassman, the first time it jus quit readin games, itd keep saying open tray. n they fixed it for free cuz it was still under warranty. but now its out of warranty and when i called, i was told itd be 96 something plus shipping. im going to call again.

i mainly play madden, ufc, n call of dutys and there all available for both consoles so i dont really care that 360 has more games. gears is pretty bad@ss too, is it on ps3? id definately get the original ps3 over the slim. its alomost 200 dollars less.

@somedonniedude do u kno if the ps3 is goin to be on sale on black friday. i kno ur not suppose to say but if u do kno. how much?

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Colorado Springs/, CO

Post Number: 335
Gears isn't out on ps3.

I own both systems and actually had a problem with my ps3 I got the 40gb when they first came out in about 2 months it quit reading discs I sent it in they fixed it sent it back to me. I went to Iraq left it with my brother who doesn't really play games mostly just uses it to do the wireless streaming but I get back from Iraq get it back from him play for about 2-3 weeks stops working again and of course no warranty I was facked!

So problems can happen with ANY console you get but like stated some are worse than others

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2625
If you like playing online Xbox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS3

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1311
If you like paying online?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4142
I have a Wii and PS3. Neither are online friendly( other than connectivity).. I LOVE my PS3. It does everything I need it to do, plus I like the Blueray player. The kids like the Wii. It' more kid oreintated.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5175
zach,

you must of had the 360 for over two years because I believe that's what their manufacturers warranty is. In my honest opinion, you can go wrong with both (ps3 and 360) but if you like playing online get the 360. They also have better games IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7496
if you want to play games online stick to a pc lol..
ps3 ftw.. 360 reliability issues and wii.. youll get burned out on with not many good titles

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9471
Bassman, the warranty was extended to 3 years a LONG time ago on the 360s due to all the failures. People need to realize the point though, you buy a console to PLAY it, not because it has whatever warranty. It's like Kevin said, stick to PC :-) and PS3 is a better product when it comes to reliability while Wii was aimed at children so it's no surprise that there on Mario Party 17 and Mario Kart 32 =/ The endless Zelda games are alright too, I think there about to release information on the 8th(I'm guessing 8th, I'm wrong) Zelda game at E3 SUPPOSEDLY.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3975
Mine has failed twice, but I keep it because I'm a fan of first person shooters, which PS3 doesn't have quite as many, and the fact that some titles I enjoy playing will never be seen on PS3.

I was lucky the second time mine failed, there is a shop close by my parents house that fixed the issue for 40, which is about the price it would have cost me to fix it myself via a less reliable method.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2024
I love my PS3. Had it since the day it was released with 0 problems. All I play is COD, Fight Night, and Resistance, so I'm not so big on the game selection lol.

I watch Blue ray movies a lot though, and play my old ps1 and ps2 games.
Free internet access is much better than paying for a live account imo.

I've seen a friends xbox 360 die more than 5 times, meaning to me I would never buy one. I don't have the time or patience for that crap.

If you don't mind parting with your xbox when it breaks go 360.
If you like kid games go Wii
Otherwise I've been very pleased with my PS3.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1024
i love the 360 best thing to be online with

the only reson i play the PS3 is Socom and use it for blue rays

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2025
Get COD MW2 for PS3 and play online with the cool kids

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12862
My cousin had his old 80 gig ps3 for 2 years before the blueray drive failed....but still id go ps3

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 242
have ps3 and 360 actually this is my second 360 sold the first one never had one problem with the red ring deal. i use the ps3 for blu ray mostly so if it was my opinion i would say 360 online play ftw

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9472
Quentin are you retarded? If you think that 360 is the best thing to be online with you very well may be. I've seen enough lag fests from just Gears alone. Have fun paying to play by the way :-)

Oh yea, they're most likely going to implement online monetization in the future of the COD series, enjoy!

Gold Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1026
i dont mean online as in just gaming, i mean everything else they have like party chat and face book etc

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4143
My PS3 is great for online play, The only thing that I don't like is the chat and online communication is not as user friendly as I would like it to be... But since I have not used 360 online, I don't know if it is any better. Free is my favorite 4 letter F-Word.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9474
Well, if you like the chat it's one thing but Facebook is on everything. PS3 does need to have more features and to make changes when it comes to communication BUT it's supposed to be FRIENDLY unlike 360 where you have a bunch of 12 year old kids, racists, trolls and other morons just talking endless sh11t. The mute/squelch feature ends up being used quite a bit.

Gold Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1027
they got the same prb on the PS3 everyone calling everyone a cheater using standby button or lag switch or being in places there not to be,

on the 360 i never really seen anyone cheating like that, the games on the 360 get more updates then they do on the PS3

i love all the features on the 360, i just wish it could have pic to the HDD and music from my PC or flash drive, like the PS3, oh and to beable to send pics that are saved on the HDD or an ext HDD, but i'm plaing to sell my 360 and getting a new one with an HDMI output unlike mine i got on day one, and the 250GB HDD, i got the 120GB HDD and i got less then 30GB left

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1738
MY opinion. Xbox 360, and mod it, i did mine and well i have 80 games i haven't paid a dime for... Wit JF and all the help online it is very easy to Mod them now...

PS3 would be good for Uncharted and God of War 3 tho.. But most PS3 games are on 360..

I jus got assassins creed 2.. offline and i love it... My friend paid 60 for it at gamestop, and he loves it but i win cause id didn't pay lol

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 173
time line; sega, n64, ps1, ps2, xbox360.

Xbox360 hands down, hot the ring of death? Send it in!! They will fix it for free no matter how old yr sh!t is!

Don't be a dummbass and mod yr xbox

best thing about ps3... blueray player...

There games are for sh!t and the beat games they have Microsoft already got them.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9481
Lol, you're probably Ecoustics newest, and most retarded member. I'm awarding you the Ecoustics dumbazz of the week medal.

Gold Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1030
if you mod the 360 you can't play online i hear auto ban

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1744
Your wrong, i have had mine modded for a while now, and as long as u run ur game thru ABGX then ur fine..

Now if you play a game online that isn't even out, then yea your gonna get banned

Be smart you'll be fine...

Tell me Domenico...

How is modding your 360 a dummbazz thing..

There are ways to open 360 with out even avoiding your warranty and if u get RROD you can stills end it in.. So tell em how is saving a lot of money a dummbazz thing like u say ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us