Question about my setup

Username: Tgspeedracer

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 1
I am new to the big car audio stuff. I have a extended cab chevy and built a custom box for under the rear seat. I am running 2 Rockford fosgate t110d2's wired for 2ohm 1 channel. one side of the box is 1cubic ft sealed and the other side is 1.5 cubic ft ported. both subs wired to a rockford T1500 1bd amp. I have 0/1 gauge power wire to a rf 10 fared cap and 4 gauge to the amp. I am trying to get a little more out of my setup. I am hoping to get 140's +. My deck is a 2v preamp out, And I just got a line driver that bumps it to 8v. will thes help?

any suggestions would help. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1307
Don't expect 140's. The line driver is good, but if you want noticeable results you will want to work on the install. Dont run different boxes... dont use prefabricated boxes. Build one yourself(its easy) or get one made for you.

I'm sure a lot of people here will say to lose the cap, but I'm not going to get into that.

As it is now I would say you wont be getting 140s, but given a proper install it is not impossible.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 687
Make either a single ~2.2cu^ft ported enclosure or 2 identical 1-1.5cu^ft ported enclosures. Don't mix and match.

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 2
I made this box and when I messured out the room there was more room on the driver side than the pass so I made that one ported. they are forward fireing, I was hoping that the sealed would give me more kick and the vented would give me more bump. there is just very limited space. I will try to post pics later

Highlands ranch, Co Usa

Post Number: 3
Does the box work better if the inside is square? I was able to get a little extra cu ft by going over the transmission hump, so there is a small chamber inside the box that is smaller
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us