13w7 question!

Username: Camjowns

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 1
I currently have 13.5 w7 on a 1000/1. I feel like it should be hitting a little harder tho.. it is setup completely correct but was wondering if i could add another amp to it? I have a crossfire vr602 (300 watt 2 channel). Would 1500ish watts be okay on that w7 if i were to somehow combine the 2 amps? and how would i do that if i can?

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1477
no that is a terrible idea. If you feel like its not loud enough then there is either something wrong with the current setup or you just expected to much.(i cant see a 13w7 and a 1000/1 not being enough) so that would lead me to believe there is something wrong with the current setup.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 108
Is the sub in a sealed enclosure or ported? I've got a 12 w7 and it gets plenty loud on 500 rms. A 13 w7 on 1000 rms should be nasty. They can hold 1500 rms max but the 1000/1 should be plenty enough.

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 3
Chances are i expected too much, im looking for a setup that will really just blow me away and the w7 didnt do it for me.. would 2 12in w3v3s or 2 12in type r's be louder? i know they wont hit as low not many subs will.. but i listen to alot of rock and the w7 just doesnt quite do it for me.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7777
Lets starts simple.

What vehicle do you have?

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 4
Its in a ported box, and i dont know exact dimensions. it does seem alot larger then what i have seen though with the 13w7

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 5
2001 impala and the box wont even fit in my trunk.. dang things in my back seat as of right now

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7778
Well there is your problem.
The enclosure is not designed for the vehicle.

Try that sub in 3.5-4cuft tuned to ~36-38hz. Sub back, port to passenger side ~4" from the side wall of the trunk. You will still maintain some nice lows, but your high freq bass (rock) will likely be better. Should give you a nice spike around 45hz in-cabin.

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 6
Just how big of a difference will this make? I would hate to spend a ton of money on a new box though..

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4136
More than likely the enclosure is not built to specs for that sub... You should be able to get a design that will be perfect for that sub and fit in the trunk... That Sub does get pretty loud, but it is geared more towards SQ. Good luck..

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4137
He beat me to it. Canaan got you covered.

Columbia, Missouri USA

Post Number: 7
Alright thanks guys i apperciate it

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1309
Building a box is relatively inexpensive and easy to do. There are plenty of websites that can help such as:

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html\

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15647
yep i wud try a new box b4 buying new stuff ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us