Noise

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 100
Yesterday I was cleaning my car, playing music and everything was fine until I changed a cd then I noticed distortion from my passenger side door speaker (components). I've adjusted the balance and fadar and it is only coming from that door. Also when the volume is even on zero I can hear a high pitched noise. I'm thinking I have some wire touching somewhere between the component box and the tweeter/driver. Any other ideas on what it could be and would a wire touching cause that high pitch sound? I hope it isn't the amp.. but I'm not thinking it is.

Bronze Member
Username: Pacci1er

Post Number: 23
I'm not an expert but sounds like it could be some kind of feed back. I'm not sure if a wire touching could do this. Did you do the install yourself? If so where all your connections made up good?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2834
Does the pitch change when you rev the motor? If so could be right rca problem

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 103
Yeah I put everything in myself. Its been over 3 years though and never had a problem. I'm not sure about the pitch changing from reving the engine. I'll try that out. I plan to find the source of the problem today and fix it. The sound the passenger door speaker(s) put out also isnt as powerful as the other speakers in the car. So not only is it distorted, it is also losing output as well. I'm gonna run some new wires this morning and see what that does. If it still does it, I'm going to change the left and right front channel outputs on the amp and see if it changes. If it still remains the same I'm guessing the speakers may be bad. The rca cables in my car I've had for 7 years I'm thinking, they are pretty old. It may very well be a rca cable problem. It's gonna suck rerunning them :-) I tore my car apart completely inside when I first ran everything.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15641
im guessing a wire is touching the door metal ...

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 104
Sad enough running the door wires badly has finally caught up with me. I had the hardest time trying to get the wire through the grommet (sp?) already on the door so I just ran it right beside it. I'm thinking after opening and closing the door so much it has rubbed a spot off the covering down to the wire. When I pulled my door panel off Sunday for a second it cleared up but then came right back. I looked at what I could but didn't see anything right off. I'm going to try to rerun wire through the grommet and hope that fixes the problem.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10755
A speaker wire touching ground is one of the easiest ways to cause permanent damage to an amplifier... Don't do that again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us