Dynamat extreme vs ???

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2821
I can get dynamat extreme 12sq ft for $38. has anyone used anything that is comparable or better than this for cheaper? or can I get more/better for my money 12sq isnt a whole lot. I don't have any experience with deader.

Is the dynamat extreme good enough to where a single layer of it will do much justice? I want to get what I pay for and do it right the first time.

It's going into a 99' ext cab ranger so I don't need as much as say a full car or suv.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5409
That's over three bucks a sq ft. Search for Sound Destroyer on eBay. SD is 50 mils thick and Dynamat Xtreme is 44, although it is a supposedly better composition. But it is basically the same stuff and is way cheaper even with shipping. You could also check into Elemental Designs' eDead which is 45 mils but is only a buck a sq ft.

You do know that 12 sq ft is pretty much one door right?

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2822
This stuff correct?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sound-Destroyer-5-SQFT-50-MIL-Deadener-Dynamat-Sa mple_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cebe35765QQitemZ330375059301QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5f Video

heres some 80mil
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sound-Destroyer-5-SQFT-80-MIL-Deadener-Dynamat-Sa mple_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ceb7a9a11QQitemZ330368195089QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5f Video

I've looked into eDead but wasn't sure how it compared to extreme.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5412
Yep that's the one. Note that the reason he sends out a sample of Dynamat is so you can see it is pretty much the same stuff.

Here is his main page:

http://stores.ebay.com/Sound-Destroyer-Mat

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2149
i used dynamat ext. and had very good results with it. i my spl car. total gain of 1.5db

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7471
i used dynamat extreme as well.. of course i can the bulk pack for less than what i paid for a bulk pack of damp pro

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2824
Scott how many layers did you put on? and where at?

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2825
How many layers would you guys recommend me to do in my truck and where at? it's a 99 ext cab ranger, will probably be running a single 15/18 on 2-3kw. Gonna be a daily ground pounder, i dont compete. i want to do it right and not skimp, but I don't really need overkill since i don't compete.

If I was to use dm extreme or something similar would 1 layer even do me justice?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7480
depends.. won't know until you start the process.. bump the area and determine if you want to add more or if it sounds solid enough

test the system with panels off.. if the point is to kill rattles.. listen for them and apply more in the trouble areas

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2827
I was thinking of deadening it before I installed everything, the truck is still stock and for now i will be running 1000w until I get a bigger amp. I should probably just wait to deaden it until I get some real power and play trial and error like you said lol.

I sold the grand prix during the summer, the van went to the salvage yard, picked up the ranger over a month ago and was going to trade it for my dads ram but now I'm stickin with the ranger for sure. Hopefully gonna start my false floor tomorrow, maybe a box over the weekend, and hopefully by mid next week I have everything installed and be bumpin'

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7483
i'd recommend it even without a system.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2828
True. but dynamat is gonna have to wait if you want to sell me that amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums