Subwoofer wiring

Username: Gdiamonddetailing

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, i had just bought 2 12" MB Quarts RWE 302 subs and box. Im sure you guys are saying why would you ever buy mb quart subs, but ive always seen them on woofersetc.com for cheap and always wondered how hard they would actually hit. I mean is says 500wtt rms and i only spent 70 bucks. anyways.
im trying to wire up the subs but the box has 2 terminal cups for each sub. I only have one wire coming from my amp, im just wondering how i could connect both subs to one terminal. I have 2 Power Acoustik LT1440/2 1440 Watt 2-Channel Amplifier. Its just a bit confusing because of the german engineering and plus the manual comes in different languages. any body think they can help me out?
Thanks alot guys.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2945
So you wanna use both amps for your subs? Honostly I would just get rid of both of the Power Acoustic amps and get 1 nice amp. Your subs are dual 2 ohms so look for an amp that does 1000wrms at 2ohms. So wire your subs like this

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2946
Or just use one amp and wire each sub to a channel like this

Upload

You would only be giving each sub 300wrms (if that) but thats about the only way you could do it.

Username: Gdiamonddetailing

Post Number: 2
thanks alot, i had just wired like the first picture, but when i turn the volume up it cuts out. The rest of my subs have not done this. so idk if it has to do with something of the wiring or the actual sub. idk if your familiar with the wiring of the actual sub also. its a bit confusing. any help with the cutting out?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us