Hooking up the subs.

Bronze Member
Username: 2000fordranger

La

Post Number: 68
What size wire do i need? Im having the AQ1200d powering 2 12" RE SE subs. Approximately how much power will i be putting to these subs? I got the 4 ohm subs. Do i need 4 gauge wire 2 gauge 0 gauge 00 gauge...just wanting to know.

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 37
if you wire each sub to 2 ohms ( red to red, black to black) then bridge them to the amp they'll be at a 1 ohm load, 1200 rms, depending upon what your car's voltage stays at. As far as size wire, you can use larger but standard wire would do fine. If you want thicker wire but don't want to buy a giant roll of it, you can go to lowe's and they'll sell you it by the foot.

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 38
And if you were referring to what size wire for the amp, 4 guage would work. I'm not sure what size the AQ1200D is sized for, if it will fit 0 guage, go with that. 4 guage should be enough though.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 970
if it takes 4 use 4 if it take 1/0 use 1/0
and use 16-12 for Speaker wire

wire it to 1 ohm

like the top pic in this link
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 69
Perfect exactly what i wanted to know.

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 971
yep your welcome Josh

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7441
honestly i'd run 1/0 .. then a short run of 4awg from a distro to the amp

Silver Member

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 972
that too^^

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 70
ok, now guys i dont speaker advanced audio language....in simple words please

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 71
meant to say speak not speaker

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7758
Upload

There you go, all you will be missing is the RCA's to the Hu.

What part of Louisiana you from?

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 72
Im from Shreveport. That helps now dont i need to buy another fuse then? i will have to put another one on the wire 18 inches away from the battery? is that what that is telling me? I cant wait.....I have some wire laying around. Ive got all kinds of guages and everything so i dont think ill need to buy anything....well im going to need a new head unit but thatll be around christmas.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7759
Yes, you will need a fuse holder next to the battery. No more than 18" away. Make sure you use a gromet then you go thru the vehicle's firewall w/ the 4ga wire...and make sure it is true 4ga wire. If you have high strand count welding cable, that will do fine.

Ground wire should also be 4ga, use a good ring terminal (well crimped or soldered) and remove all the paint from the metal on the vehicle where you ground. A few self-tapping metal screws will do the job. Keep the ground wire shorter than 3ft.

Shreveport...not to far from me. I'm in Monroe.
I go to USACi SPL comps in Shreveport, Longview, and Tyler pretty often.

If you are interested, I work at Desiard St. Pawn and Car Audio, we are hosting a local SPL comp here in Monroe at Hooters this Sunday at noon. Also, there is a big USACi show coming up on Tyler (Turkey Drag).

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 73
Hey id love for you to tell me when all of these competitions are and everything. I cant make it this weekend but whenever theres one in Shreveport let me know. I dont really wanna drive to far mainly cause my parents wont let me when im just getting in to it. Im sure my setup will be decent but whether its enough to go2 competitions I do not know. Maybe you guys have a better idea than me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7760
www.soundoff.org

Gold Member

Post Number: 7761
Oh, and a few years ago I set quite a few Louisiana state records with a single RE SX15 on a JBL bp1200.1 in an Ext Cab Silverado. Its all about the build.

With your system, you can compete in USACi Stock 0-600. And with enough testing, I can see 148dB+ pretty easily w/ your equipment. You just have build and test. I did an ext cab ranger w/ single Rockford T1 12" on a kicker 400.1 a few months ago and did 144+, that should tell you what a little bit of designing can do :-)

Bronze Member

La

Post Number: 74
SO, its all about the box right? well when your doing competitions do you do sealed or ported? does it matter? what do you prefer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us