Really need some advice

Username: Montejamieson

Post Number: 1
i have 2 lanzar vibe 12" 1600 watt subs and a 2600 watt legacy amp i don't need help hooking it up i'm just wondering why i can't seem to get much bass out of them every time i have them on. my bass is really inconsistent. i don't have a capacitor yet and im hoping thats the problem but otherwise i have a box that ive had completely enclosed, ported, any way possible and whenever it seems to get louder the next minute it gets quieter any solutions??? ive been messing with this for about 2 weeks now and i really dont wanna keep trying if all its gonna do is wreck my subs

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7431
honestly.. get new gear.. you have a very low quality setup

Post Number: 2
i understand that but im trying to work with what i got for right now i have about 4 months till im getting a couple jackhammers this was kinda my starter kit just looking to learn before i upgrade

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7432
jackhammers are on the same level you are on

how about shoot us a budget.. we can suggest a new setup

more details on your setup would help.. whats the ohm on the subs? settings on the amp?

Post Number: 3
the subs are dual 4 ohms and the settings on the amp are a level, low pass, and bass and everything but the low pass is turned all the way up i have a buddy here that looked at it thats in bass comps and it puzzles him why my subs arent being more consistent even without a capacitor

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7435
nothing on the amp should be turned all the way up..

and a cap won't help..

dual 4s? so then how do you have it wired? specs on legacy 2600 watt? is it a mono or a 2/4 channel

Post Number: 4
okay the amp aint all the way up but its pretty close. and i have the subs wired running on pretty much a circuit each hooked to a different channel on my amp and my amps specs are **Mono Block Subwoofer Amplifier **2 ohm stable **Variable Sub-sonic Filter **Variable Low-pass Filter **Variable Bass Boost (0- +18 dB @ 60Hz) **Variable Input Level (Gain) Control **Phase Control 0-180 degree **Remote Turn On/Off **Gold Plated RCA Inputs **Power ON LED Indicator **LED Protection Indicator **Remote Bass Boost **S/N Ratio: 95dB **Thermal, Overload, Short Circuit Protection **Anti-Thump Turn-On **Blue Light Illumination **Dimensions:11.33''W x 1.85''H x 12''L

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 95
How stable is your voltage? Even though it's legacy, and if it put out half that wattage rms, that's still a hell of a drain on your alternator. I'd start by turning the gain down all the way and slowly turning it back up until it starts getting inconsistant again, then back it down just a little. If it's a voltage issue, that might help.
You're also telling us that your amp is 2 ohm stable, and your subs are dual 4 ohm. That would be a ~1 ohm load at the amp if they're running paralell. (pos to pos, neg to neg).

If this helps, good, if not, good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 36
Your problem could a combination of the gain being set too high along with running the amp at a 1 ohm load.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7437
or perhaps he don't have the amp wired at 1ohm.. im pretty sure that amp at 1ohm would kick into protect.. or overheat shortly then shut off

your best bet is to wire each sub parallel for a 2ohm load.. and use the two channels for each sub.. 1 channel per sub @ 2ohm assuming it will handle that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us