I need help with a subwoofer

Username: Jdoc9522

Post Number: 1
I have a 2008 F-150 King Ranch truck and i need a shallow mount subwoofer. I like deep sound that can also be heard outside the truck. I need a sub that can handle at least 1000W. I was thinking about an amplified sub but a friend said that if I wanted the deep sound, that those kind wouldn't be good. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could really use some help.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 670
I believe you have room for 2 8's or 10's under the seat of the f-150. Its an extended cab right?

Username: Gtpsuper24

Marion, Ohio USA

Post Number: 6
Wow kinda asking alot. The highest i've seen for a shallow mount is 600rms. If you want deep loud bass, you won't get it with a shallow mount. They are more for convience and space saving. Why are you wanting something that can be heard outside the truck? I would be more worried about how it sounds inside than out. You would be better off to find a sub that can fit in a small sealed box. My 13in elemental design sub is in a small 15" cube box not too big. But sounds huge. Very good SQ

Post Number: 2
It's a full sized, 4 door truck. I have two regular 12" subs now but I have 2 or passengers sometimes, which is why i was looknig at shallow mount. that way, I can just stick it under the rear seat. I listen to all kinds of music. I like the good deep sound and the vibrating, rattleing bass when I listen to rap. My friend said something about a ported box.

Post Number: 3
The reason I was looking at an amplfied subwoofer was so that I would only have to have 1 peice of equipment. But i haven't found one that puts out enough bass. I'm not really sure what to get.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12840
stereo integrity mag 12 shallow mount

http://www.stereointegrity.com/mag.php

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 966
my dad has an 09 F150 KR and i'm sure i could fit one or two 12" RE SEs under the back row seats

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 833
The Mag was discontinued a while back..... the latest gen one doesn't really fit his description either.

Post Number: 4
what about a Pyle 1800 WATTMOSFET 900Wx2 channels amp with a Pioneer TSSW2501S4 10" shallow mount subwoofer? Either that or a Sony Slim Line 10" 1200Watt 4-ohm enclosed subwoofer.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 139
^ no. ....just no.

okay i take some of that back. MAYBE the pioneer.

Post Number: 5
haha...whats wrong that. Pioneer is a good brand (for the most part). I mean if BOSE made subs, you bet I would have a couple of those in the truck.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2125
bose blose

Post Number: 6
ok then what would you suggest

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7429
well.. i would suggest a custom fiberglass enclosure and some seat risers.. this is the only way you will get what you are looking for and it won't be cheap unless you can do it yourself

OR

do a custom center console and do a pair of ported 12s..

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 969
haha he said sony

x2 what Kevin said^^^

Post Number: 7
lol believe me...i'm good with my hands so i could definately do it. but i'm not looking to do reconstruction to the truck. what kind of sub would you suggest?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7434
its not even close to reconstructing the truck..

you remove the rear seat.. measure for some spacers and see what kind of room you have after the seat spacers.. build your fiberglass enclosure..

as far as subs.. depends on the actual power you will have.. and until we know the exact mounting depth.. we really can't help much.

even a center console box is not reconstructing the truck.. its simple removing the old center console and replacing it with a new one that is actually a sub enclosure

Post Number: 8
o ok. well what brand of amp and sub do think is the best

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 33
Depending on how deep of bass you're wanting will decide if you're wanting to go sealed or ported. The size speaker will also determine what type of low end frequencies you can expect to achieve. The best all around choice, would be a 12 and a ported enclosure tuned low, around 32 Hz. Of course it is also going to be limited to the amount of space you have available and budget.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7436
the size of the sub has nothing to do with lowend response..

and you can't do ported unless it was 8"s..

your only options are to do sealed 8"s/10"s.. you may be able to fit sealed 12"s if you do a fiberglass box or some shallow subs

AGAIN .. we need a depth or any answer is irrelevant

Username: Bumpnthump

DenverUSA

Post Number: 1
Check out this website:

http://supercrewsound.com/commerce/catalog.jsp?catId=52

Find the box that fits your truck. If you have to go shallow mount, check out kicker cvt's. You can get 2 12's from ebay for about $160.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12842
dont do the cvt's do a 10 inch image dynamics or two depending how you want to install them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us