Installed Revo 10... its really quite? help

Bronze Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 99
Just bought a 10" revo and put it in my expedition... Something has got to be off.

Its in a 1.5 cube sealed box with an AQ1200.

I may have had the wrong idea about this woofer but it is definitly not worth the money or something is wrong in my install.... Sounds clean, but as loud as maybe a cheap 10" off a few hundred watts.

Checked the wiring and its wired right, Im lost now any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2112
whats the voicecoil config? Dual 4 ohm, dual 2ohm?, etc..

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1965
thats odd - thats a great setup

im pretty sure they only come as dual 2s

check out the link below - it should be wired like option 1

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15588
generally speaking the idea of a sealed box is for a flat response & SQ - not really a get loud scenario

u shud go ported if u want it louder ...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4250
ill give 120 for that pos sub

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12808
i agree with Rovin go ported.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I know sealed is not used for the loudest setup... But im pretty sure it should be louder than it is.

Ive got a ported box I think I used for a w7 im gonna try as soon as I can... if it doesnt sound any better I guess ill go with something else.

All of them were dual 2 ohm too, and yea its wired like that to 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2118
not tryin to be a pr1ck or anything, but are you sure you have the gains set right? sometimes its just a simple as that.. you never know.

again not tryin to be a pr1ck..

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
its cool lol, I did check the gain a few times acctually.

The situation was I was driving and my woofers shut off, smoke coming from the box... so I just automatically assumed I blew one of my SE's. No biggie, I was ready for a new setup.

Come to find out the smoke was from a small fire that happened at the terminals in the box and my SE's are fine.

So all I did was swap out my old box with this new box (no changes to anything in my setup but the box itself)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2797
Isn't 1.5 cube a little big for a single 10" sealed box

what frequency does it sound like it peaks at?

I'd try different box, or just use your current box and drop 3" aero port in it. H3ll go with a 4" aero and really open that port up!

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2798
Curious do you use the amps gain remote? gain should be easy to set since it has a clip light on it. I loved my aq amp, especially that clip light.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
I actually dont have the remote gain, I bought the amp used and somehow he lost it.

The sunshine is finally coming out so im hoping to get enough time to try the other box in the next day or two.

I set the gain using a DMM and even messed around with it slightly... didnt get any good results lol. I will pray for the other box because from the bass that i do get it, this woofer sounds real clean and it definitly looks good.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 826
Don't set your gains with a DMM. Set them by ear. The DMM method is flawed. And yeah, your box is a tad big.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 827
Good tutorial here if you need help setting your gains: http://www.cdtforums.com/showthread.php?t=166

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
It is actually set by ear right now because I couldnt believe how quiet it was set as it was. The box falls in the recommended specs but I just cant believe a little bit smaller box could make the drastic change needed for me to be impressed.

Cant wait to try the new box though, I hope it solves my problem, this is a sexy woofer lol.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1924
whenever i used tc-sounds based subs they were always like what you describe.. subwoofer level +4 and the output problem was solved

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
got it in the new box and it really came alive... Not 100% satisfied but another box may fix this as this one was from a w7.

I will probably go a different route with my Expedition but may keep this as I may be buying a trunk car soon and I will put it in there.

Hits the lows like crazy though, definitly can get lower than my SE's and sound good doing it.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2812
mike11202 whats up man? don't think i've seen you on here in forever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us