Hifonics vs. power acoustik

Username: Kick15

Post Number: 1
ok im have 1 kicker l7 15 dvc4 and im am about to order a new amp. i plan on running the 1 15 for awile then getting a 2nd one. soo witch is better

HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi2010D
or
Power Acoustik OVN1-5500D

both for about the same price. the hifonics is like $5 more.

or if theres a better amp im open to anything. lol i wanna do it right

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12508
You have a 70 amp alternator in that car im suprised you arent having issues already with 1 15. If you go with 2 you will for sure.

Post Number: 2
i know i had problems with just the one but now i runnin a 200 amp. alt. with 2 duralast golds.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12511
Ok out of those two id go with the hifonics. Those amps are over rated power wise so youll probably see a true 1700 watts rms out of it.

Post Number: 3
soo will that push 2 kicker l7 15s good or should i get the hifoncis bxi2600d?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12528
If its not much more go with the bxi 2600 and you can set the amp gain conservative with a digital multimeter.

Bronze Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 63
why even go with any of those brands? There low budget & hifonics is an overated s.o.b. if you are on a tight budget don't go with hifonics, yeah you prolly heard the opposite of what I just said a lot but honestly I would save up more and get a AQ amp, there cheap & there pretty good about there ratings. & if you don't like that you could always go with a big kicker 2500 if you were looking to get the same wattage as the 2600 (if it was only true) but it's all tit for tat mostly but spending a decent amount of cash the first time is better then spending cheaply amounts of money a lot of times, just something to wrap your head around as you decide to get a amp, & are you sure you don't want to upgrade yr batts big 3 or an alt? Yeah it's a few extra bucks, but you wouldn't want to not get it then go bang hard for a while and run the risk of damaging yr equip.
Hope this helped, I'm a couple more brands if you'd like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us