Hows my setup?

Username: Dazedian

Post Number: 1
I have two kicker CVR 15s hooked up to a JBL BP1200.1 amp...one speaker on each channel..I'm new to car audio so I wired the whole system with schouse(sp) walmart kit....they are in a sealed box...LPF is around 50...and I've been tweaking around with the gains on it and i think it's about right....my head unit is just a JVC K-G220...how does this sound? sould I wire them differently? the amp isn't bridgable so I can't bridge it...and I'm looking into buying a crossover soon maybe the epicenter are these really important or no? what would be they best stuff to add to this system to make it better

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 3790
Your amp only has 1 channel. That being said. if your amp has four speaker wire inputs, that is only for ease of use. They are internally paralleled. How do you have the voice coils wired on each sub?

Post Number: 2
I have no idea they were given to me in te box and I don't want to take the box apart to figure that out...also sometimes when I'm playing music loud some types of bass don't sound good like almost like the subs bottoming out does this deal with the gain or the lpf?

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 375
dude.. if your trying to improve your system, you cant be afraid to take the sub out of the box. The "botoming out sound" could be a lot of things, typically box is to small.

Post Number: 3
well my bad i didn't know that they were screwed in the screws were hidden under caps....but yeah they were wired (+)s were connected to the (+)s and the (-)s were connected to the (-) is this weird in 4 ohm? i tried wiring it to a wiring diagram i found on crutchfield but there was no noticable difference between them...as for the box heres a pic of the box....

http://tinypic.com/r/2ry4vae/3

demensions are....16.5" width, 34" long and 12" high...so each sub has about half of that
so im guessing the bottoming out sound on some songs is from the box being too small...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us