Need some 1/0 and battery

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 228
well ive got an RD 1750.1 and 18" Alpha on the way and wondering what yall recommend. i know knukonceptz makes some good wire so i was probably gonna order 25ft of red 1/0 and 5ft of black 1/0 and a couple ring terminals. i've heard good things about the kenetic 1800. you guys think that'll hold up? i was hoping to also add an iraggi 300A alternator in the near future as well as replace the battery up front.

this is all going into an 01 tahoe. any help would be appreciated! thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4729
I prefer odyssey batteries over well, anything else. When my alt died I was able to drive the car for a week just off the batteries alone. How did it do it, no idea.. They are just built tough, but I'm sure they took one hell of a beating bc I drained the sh!t out of them. Knu wire is good. Check out mechman. Everyone has their good and bad stories about different alternator companies. But I've heard to many bad stories about iraggi lately. So I would stay clear. Even my iraggi alt died....lucky I got lifetime so I'm sending it back in soon.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 843
x2 on the Knuknoceptz and Mechman. Also, Check out DC Power too.

quote:

Everyone has their good and bad stories about different alternator companies.

^Yup.

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 229
thanks guys, ill take a look at odyssey, mechman and dc power. guess its just kinda hit and miss with some of these alternators. i have also heard some stories about iraggi.. guess ill do some more research on that.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1926
Don't bother researching, I can tell you all about Iraggi first hand. I wasted $2k with the guy and couldn't get a phone call answered when I had a problem. He only shows up to put down other company's products online, or make a sale. He answered his phone every time I called until he had my money, then I didn't get my alternators till almost 2 months later (after being promised 2 weeks).

The alts put out 100 less amps than rated- peak and idle. They had used parts in them. Just not a good company.

There are too many good companies to even bother with him. From now on I will only buy Mechman or DC Power Engineering. Alternators that put out 170-180 at idle and 270 peak are about as good as it gets for your vehicle. 10 minute swap out too.

I have less voltage drop with one Mechman 250 and my factory alt than 3 Iraggi 380s and my factory alt at idle. Peak was a different story, but the bracket let the belt slip so bad I still could never get on it.

Unless I can get a much better deal on Mechman I'm goin to be switching to DC, just because I want the higher output at idle.

Knu makes good products, can't go wrong there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us