I need help choosing a amp

Username: Hdninja

Post Number: 1
Hi, im on a budget of around 250-300 dollars
for a amp.
Im getting a Fi ssd 15 and want to feed it around 800-1100 watts with the bp power option.
So far im looking at US amps merlin MD1D which is about 240 dollars on ebay.
But i see alot of people recommending the audioque 1200, but i havent really heard of this company. anyone want to fill me in?

Post Number: 2
And i wanted to have the amp be running those watts at 2 ohms. but if i have to run it at 1ohm i guess it wont be the end of the world

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 FI BL SAZ- 1500=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 669
Audioque 1200 is a solid amp. Is your SSD D1 or D2

Post Number: 3
I haven't ordered it yet. So it can be either. I'm also wondering if I should get a bl now instead of the ssd..

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 FI BL SAZ- 1500=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 670
I have a BL its a nice sub. Once you figure out what VC your sub will be, it will help choosing the amp.

Post Number: 4
Well i was going to pick the amp first since my rockford fosgate just died on me, i want to pick the most reliable amp i can find, and ill order my fi when i know the amp im getting so i can order the right VC sub. Does anyone have personal experiance with both the fi ssd and bl is it worth the extra 100 dollars? And would a saz-1000 be powerfull enough for the bl if i could get one for $315

Bronze Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 70
steve miller is selling rd 1000.1 for 239 shipped.. 1320 rms at 1 ohm. i was told its better than the aq 1200, not postive but thats wat i was told. look at the subwoofer forum and its thread name is some like JAW DROPPING PRICES ON NEW ALPHAS or somethin like that

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeytoker

Post Number: 93
get the d2 and wire it down to 1ohms on the audioque 1200d amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us