Homemade Lizard, Has anyone done this or heard of it?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2381
http://www.hotrodder...kin-103610.html

Micro ballons
http://www.heatshield-r20.com

Anyone had experience with it? It looks interesting.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1896
Interesting. Bet that costs an arm and a leg. I have a brick house though lol. Would you really paint your roof? What about 10/15 years from now when it's time to tear off and you're throwing a few hundred or k into a dumpster. :-(

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20929
Best thing to do is cover your roof with solar panels.....

THAT is the future. I've been saying it for 10+ years.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20930
BTW, that first link doesn't work for me.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7182
wouldn't solar panels heat up your house? i mean.. they are used to draw in the suns energy.. i'd imagine they get damn hot

would be great for electrical purposes.. just wonder what kind of feedback you'd get for the heating portion.. or do they not get hot?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2384
This isnt for a house, its for a car.

A guy was asking llooking for a alternative for sound deadener/ heat control.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20931
Heat retention Kevin? Do you know how heat absorbent your common roof shingle is? Solar panels are made of silicon cells covered with glass. On the next hot day try this. First put your hand on the windshield of your car. Now get up on your roof and lay your hand on the shingle. Which is hotter lol?? Not to mention they don't get mounted directly to the roof surface anyway. They need an inch or so clearance to eliminate ice damming in the winter as well as other ventilation reasons. I have never read anywhere that a solar panel causes increased attic temps. In fact when installing solar panels to a roof most homeowners don't take into consideration that it is STRONGLY recommended you replace your roof ahead of time. Since current panels have a life expectancy of 25+ years you don't want to have to pay to remove that $30,000 setup when your roof starts to fail.

Here's an interesting note about solar technology. Did you know that the sun, on a bright day, produces 1000 watts of power per square yard? Multiply that by how many square yards of roof you have. Then think about the solar farms we have that cover 1000's of times that! More and more applications are being used everyday. Industrial, commercial, residential, agricultural, you name it. It's not new technology. Just new to us. Plants have been storing and using the sun's energy for billions of years. I think it's time we follow suit.

Every boat and RV should have at least one 750w panel mounted somewhere connected to a small battery bank. Power would never be a problem on long outings. Charge during the day, use at night. What a beautiful thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us