Need help with 6th order bandpass

Silver Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 116
I am going to try a build today,
Subs are 2 RE Sr's 10's

My question is what should i tune the two different sides to? I'm going for sql. I was thinking like 31 and 45

Also another random question, I have an lpf setting on my HU, It goes like 80, 100, 110 or lpf thru.

What the hell does that mean? I changed through each one and couldn't tell an audible difference.

thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

You choose to be ignor...

Post Number: 1422
lpf= lpow pass filter. say you set it at 80hz then everything below 80 is allowed to pass. this is so the subs arent trying to play higher frequencies than it is able to. i would leave it at 80. and set the hpf for the speakers to 120hz that way the rolloff from each combines for a flat response.(This advice is copyright Brad Warren Inc. all rights reserved. This advice may not be duplicated under punishment of law)

I wouldnt bother with a 6th order bandpass. its gonna take alot longer than a day to build one. alot of effort and wood as well for not much gain.
have you designed these before because they arent simple?

For se's sealed gets my vote. they will be plenty loud and the design/build process will be much easier

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7627
Simply throwing some random tuning for a 6th order out there and building is a sure fire way to fold a cone or have horrible output.

6th orders can be pretty involved to design properly.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1939
^^^^ he doesnt know anything about anything...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7628
I do know a hell of alot about nothing.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1942
i kid i kid

Silver Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 121
then i'm glad i asked before i started. thanks for the advice.

I was under the assumption that the smaller the range within tuning the more musical it would be.

I already have them in a box ported to 34 hz, but i was just getting bored and figured I'd do something constructive for the day lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7633
What vehicle do you have?

Silver Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 122
standard cab ranger, i have a console box. i was just building it to build it. trying to experiment a little with my free time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us