JL 500/1 question

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 152
I have a JL 500/1 running to a single JL 12 w7 and recently the sound output has gone down some from normal. If it happens to be lower when I first get in my car, once I make a stop then restart my car it is normally back to normal. However as I am driving it will sometimes lose output. Both the sub and amp are a few years old but have both been taken good care of. The gain is hardy open and I do no play the system very loud. Any ideas on what may be going on and any tests I could run to see if maybe the amp or sub is going out?

Username: Tbone198515

Crawfordsville, Indian USA

Post Number: 2
how new is ur head unit i would try a different set of rcas check ur rem wire make sure nothing got smooshed when system was ran

Username: Xxemoxx

Hermosa beach, Cali

Post Number: 2
MY guess is the head unit as well, how many volts is your preamp outs?! Also make sure everything is grounded solidly and connected firmly.

Do you have an older battery and are you making enough power?!

MY 500/1 is 6 years old almost and runs as perfectly as the day i bought it.

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 171
The head unit is an Alpine CDA-9827. here's a link with the specs.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDA9827/Alpine-CDA-9827.html?tp=5684&tab=feature s_and_specs

The preamp out volts are 4 volts and everything is connected securely. I made sure to do a good job when I ran all of the wires. The battery is a Optima red top that pushes a little more than its rated. One thing I do have is a 5 farad stinger cap. Would that maybe have something to do with it? My 4 channel amp doesnt seem to have any change in its output just the sub amp. It just started doing it in the last couple months. I found that if I turn the subwoofer output on my HU to +5 it makes up the difference and sounds just right. Then when the amp goes back to normal I just set it back to +0.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us