Voltage problems

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 447
im having problems with getting the right voltage to my amp. over the past few months it has been cutting off when you turn it up to a certian volume. its been getting worse and worse over the past few months as in cutting off at lower and lower volumes. i have 2 JL 12W6's in a scion tc with an alpine PDX 1.1000 amp. worked fine when i first put it in. i just bought a new optma yellow top and i was told by a few people that would solve the problem. when the amp shuts off its shutting off at around 10 volts. when it shuts off the voltage at the battery is still high 13's. all the connections are good. grounds good. everything else. anyone have any ideas on whats going on with this? also my amp gets really hot. seems like its hotter than it should be. could i just have a problem with the amp?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20788
Have you wired everything to the correct OHM load? A hot amp means somethings wrong. How are the subs wired to the amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 98
did you set your gain correctly?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 450
I fixed it. It was a bad connection in the fuse box under the hood. It was melted plastic on one side that I had to clean up. As for the amp being hot, everythings wired right. I think it was cuz of the problem I had before

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10575
Please dont tell us you connected an amp power wire to the fuse box

Let me guess no fuse either.

Total fail.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 451
yeah I did. That's how you don't blow your amp. My fuse is in a box. It's wierd not a normal fuse. 100A fuse. No I'm not a retard. What other fuse would I connect it to smart guy.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 658
well you would go right to the batts + and add in your own ANL fuse about 6" from the batt!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us