Can i repair my subwoofer?

Bronze Member
Username: Regizzle

Post Number: 14
first off don't place a huge l7 magnet next to your monitor unknowingly.. bad things happen to good people lol.

and this is my current situation.

http://img383.imageshack.us/i/photo0258.jpg/

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/photo0260i.jpg/

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1095
You should be able to buy some glue or epoxy to fix that cut.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3599
you need to contact Kicker and see if they can recone it for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have 5200, but i was just making sure. also, i was curious how long would it take a zx1500.1, a 3 farad cap, 2 L7 12s, and a 600watt jensen 4 chan amp to 4 6x9s to drain a battery?

also i was looking at the boss dd2600 which claims to do 1350watts at 2 ohm, i know that thats overrated and not in RMS but i assume it can do 750rms @ 2ohm to one channel, can any1 confirm or deny? or give me the actual rms specs? the amp only cost 135 or so. i was planning on buying 2. one for each l7.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3600
hmmmmmm, You are not likely going to get anyone on here to even talk about boss amps and be taken seriously.... no offence.. Each L7's needa ~750 wrms of clean power if you want them to last. What Voice coils do your L7's have?
What is your budget for an amp to drive them?

quote:

i was curious how long would it take a zx1500.1, a 3 farad cap, 2 L7 12s, and a 600watt jensen 4 chan amp to 4 6x9s to drain a battery

What do you mean? With car running? car off?What kind of battery?

Sound like you need to plot out what your overall goal of your finished system would be and start working towards that goal... buying cheap equipment is not the way to go. It is a waste of time and money. I understand not everyone is wanting a $3000+ system, byut We could put together a budget system for under $1000 that will sound decent and get loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i was also looking at a power acoustics ad2400 i believe. and it does 1x 1400 rms @ 2ohm. that would mean powering each of my L7s to 700rms instead of 750rms. with that being the situation is there any chance my l7s will ever cut out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i found that power acoustics for $260, then i just need to buy a battery(if thats suggested), 0/1 wire, cap, and im building the boxes.

car is a 1988 jeep cherokee with a 70amp alternator but i was thinking of having everything run off a seperate battery.

as for battery type i really dont know and am open to suggestions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
bumb my ruump

Gold Member

Post Number: 3603
I take it the L7's are dual 4 ohm.. Look into a one ohm stable amp that puts out 1200-1500 wrms. A good amp new will cost a lil more than the amps you have been mentioning. But they are better built and put out rated power. without clipping the heck out of the subs. . Soundown has a 1500 wrms amp that would do nicely. AQ1200 , is another good priced amp. Autotek MM1400 ar if you want more budget minded. Hifonics Bxi1610 ? iirc . I would get a couple of dry cell batts ( one under hood and one in rear to help out thr lil 70 amp alt out.
The subs need to be in a box built to specs if you want them to preform well. Enclosure and install > equipment usually.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10574
PA, jensen, boss all = crap

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4193
duct tape
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums