Big problem.what does this sound like? very weird

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 86
ok so as you guys know i just installed my system recently. Everything was fine but i was driving today and all of a sudden my subs were making noise. and it wasnt like clipping or anything but while my bass was playing the subs would also play like different beats in the background. And when i turned the volume down or muted the head unit my subs would be just beating. not rapidly just like bump... bump... bump. i have no idea what this is. any help would be appreciated thanks. also my bass boost is down all the way and my gains was set correctly.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4915
shorted rcs?

Bronze Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 87
well when i took the rca's out it stopped then i put it back in and it started again. whats shorted rca's mean? also could it maybe be bad ground?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 657
bad ground and what kind of hu u got?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20780
Try removing one rca side at a time. Maybe you can isolate the bad channel in the wires (assuming that's the problem). Either way you're in for another set. Is it a decent set of cables you're running? If not try investing in a good set, it's worth the investment. Many times quality cables outlast the equipment they're connecting triple fold.

Bronze Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 88
no the rcas i have are horrible lol they came in a cheap amp kit from a while back. they been in my car for about hmmm three years. ill try doing what you suggested paul thanks. quentin i was thinking it was maybe a bad ground im going to tighten it up and make sure everything is secure and then im going to buy a new set of rc's and see what happens. also does this type of thing happen when one has a bad ground? and have you guys ever heard of this happening before?

Bronze Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 89
oh yea and my head unit is this

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16198_Farenheit+TID-701NBT.html

i know its not very good but i have to deal with it because my mom bought it for me for my bday and i dont want to make her feel bad so i have to deal with it for a little while. it actually been pretty good and the sound quality is decent. i dont think its the hu though because when i mute the hu or even power it off the subs will still do it. so its gotta be something with my amp or electrical. do you guys agree?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3594
i have had this problems twice. One time it was the RCA's the 2nd time it was the inputs (rca's) on the amp. Unhook the RCA's from the amp and see if the inputs are loose on the amp. if so, try tightening them up if possible. Run a good set of RCA's from HU or EQ(don't know your setup) to see if that fixes it. Just run em over the seat and if that fixes it. Then permantly run em where the old ones were( so long as they are not run next to the power wires going to the amp).

Bronze Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 92
thanks mark. will do. its god to see im not the only one who had this problem. i thought it was really fvckin weird especially since i know i installed everything right.

Bronze Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 93
ok guys fixed... ground was loose where it goes into the amp all i did was tap the wire and it came right out. i dont know how that happened. i was going over a lot of bumps the other day. so i tightened that up really good so thats not going anywhere anymore. im still not going to count rca's out though because i didnt really turn the volume up loud yet since its night time and my neighbors are bishes. tomorrow im going to crank it and see if all is good. either way im buying new rca's anyway. these ones suck. thanks for all the help guys.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15251
good 2 know it was a simple fix & not anything major .....

Bronze Member

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 97
yea thank god... that would suck. thanks for all the help guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us