Check out my first BUILD LOG

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1783
ive installed many systems but never done a build log before. here it is.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6372510#post6372510

And before you say it. the batteries are only setup temporarily like that. they will be mounted to the top on the new enclosures in the provided metal battery trays.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3213
looks real good. i think the amp up top looks cool. My only worry is that IF you get into an accident that thing will probably rocket through the air and kill you if not secured down......ON a lighter note haha, I don't think many people appreciate the headliner difference, but it adds an incredible touch to any car.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3661
Nice log bro, very impressive.

Just a few things I would do to make it look better.
1. Make a trim panel for the amp, carpet it in the same stuff as the headliner and pop it in.
2. Make another trim panel or figure out a way to cover the wires by the crossovers and F/S amp.
3. If your into the blue led took do it in the trunk to.. maybe up by the crossovers and amp.
4. Clean up the wires a little bit up front. 3 different colors of power wire looks a little sketchy.

This is nit-picky stuff but i like it a lot man. How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6982
.. and use rubber grommets when you run wire through metal :-)

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2970
That's a 300M right? Ride looks clean nice install.

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 75
alpha=sexy. haha looks great man. i bet thats gonna get super loud and low

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 76
imo the revolution dustcaps look better. always liked them

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3664
x2 on the rubber grommets.

Also maybe pick up a new wood kit? The all black interior would look amazing with a brushed aluminum kit or even a black or ash wood kit. Im pretty sure they sell for like $250 for a C300 so it cant be too much different for your car.

I've found that good wood kits make your car look very classy at low cost, and with the new head liner it would look great.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11838
I like those leds.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1784
thanks for the props guys, I really appreciate it, make all the hard work worth it. Yea and by no means am i anywhere near done. when (if) im totally finished everything should look super clean.

Cal yea i know nobody notices the liner it until i say something. I love it all black though makes the tint look darker too. I dont understand my manufactures dont just do this at the factory

Jake can you elaborate on the trim panel for the amp? Im not sure what else to do here as for the other things, Im going to build a beauty panel so that when the trunk is open all you see is a carpeted board which will appear to be a really small trunk. I already have blue LED's in the trunk there just not hooked up right now. Im going to put black split loom an all the wires under the hood to make them match. As for the wood kit i may replace all the wood with a black burlwood or something similar but i dont have any money to be spending on that for now Im not sure if they do but if the wood trims pops out easily i may paint it or wrap it in something.

Kevin the grommets wound be nice but im just going to use tape because it will all be hidden anyways. I might be relocating the xovers and front stage amp to make room for my batts. i did a test fit today its its gonna be tight.

Lowlife yes its a 300m. its a 2000 and thanks. Its actually really dirty and needs a wash badly. The rims look awesome when there all polished and shiny they are extremely dirty in the pics shown.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1785
btw updates from last night are up. I finished one of the boxes for one of the alphas. Still needs to be sanded and routed.

I had a friend help me on this build and and because of that i was kind of rushing and I messed up and forgot to put bracing in as well as a 4" radius in the corner, i also forgot to paint in the port before hand and i also forgot to route the inner port corner (sharp 90 degree bend) and port openings. I should be able to fix most of these pretty easily.

the hardest thing is going to be rounding inner port opening and the inside port bend corner. the port is 26.5" deep int he box and its hard to reach. not to mention it wont be as good as if i just used the router in the first place. but then again im not sure how much of a difference it will even make. the port is relatively huge and i think turbulence will be a minimum either way

What should i cover with?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3666
Trim/beauty panels are the same thing. Get some more pics of the amp and ill come up with an idea or two.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2971
" I had a friend help me on this build and and because of that i was kind of rushing and I messed up and forgot to put bracing in as well as a 4" radius in the corner, i also forgot to paint in the port before hand and i also forgot to route the inner port corner (sharp 90 degree bend) and port openings. I should be able to fix most of these pretty easily."

Take your time it's looking good you don't want to mess it up.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1786
got more updates today. I took your advice ^^^

I decided to not build the other box today since i will have mroe time tomorrow.

I did however have time to clean up the box. theres only 2 new pics so it may not be worth looking but i routed all the edges except the front edge where the boxes meet. I also routed in the port opening flares w/ a 3/8 radius. I had to file near the tops and bottoms since i didnt want to round thoes edges and i forgot to do the routing ahead of time. looks good tho.

[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz297/Mendonmafia/101_0612.jpg[/IMG]

I also decided to ditch the 4" radius in the port since it is only going to raise my tuning but i still may add bracing between the port wall ant top and bottom

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1787
installed everything today. it took me about 9 hours lol. I ran into several set backs which required me to gut my car so i decided to fix up a few things along the way

I relocated my front stage amp to the right side of the trunk. moved the crossovers to the extreme upper comers in the trunk. i also cleaned up the wiring going to the sub amp by adding a second hole for the power wires to run through.

I will be updating with pics tomorrow since my camera died today. it looks nasty it sounds pretty good but i haven't given them any real power yet.

I have a question about setting the gains though. I have an atomic 3000.1d and its rated to do 4000 at .5 ohm. well my final load is .75 DCR so i was thinking to set it for about 3500. my question is though what should my headuint setting be so that my amplifier outputs 3500? have a pioneer headunid so it goes to 62. i don't want to send a clipped signal to my amp.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1788
i set it so that when the volume is at 48 my amp puts out 3200 watts or 49 volts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us