Sub keeps clipping

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 12
I have a pioneer premier 3001d2. Its being powered by a hifonics brutis 1610 amp wired @ 1ohm. I just built a box for it. It was 1.35 cubes, and the sub displacement was .181 so its about right on for the recomended portedbox. oh and the port is 3"x 3.5. It clips no matter what I do. I have 4 gauge wire throughout my truck and I cant get it to stop. I tryed wiring it @4ohm but my amp wont even tickle it. any suggestions? is my box screwed?

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 227
How do you know it is clipping? did you set the gain properly on the amp and turn off bass boost completely?

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 13
if I do that then you cant even hear my sub even if your sitting next to it

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 14
and it clips at rather low to medium sound levels... not only when its cranked

Silver Member
Username: Jordon32990

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 131
Sounds like you have your subs wired incorrectly. I've made that mistake before and it did that exact same thing.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1833
subs cant clip, they can distort but not clip

your amp can give them a clipped signal.

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 15
I made the port 11.2 inches and it came out to 32-35hz. it seems to have helped alot. but it still seems that my sub still isnt reaching its full capabilities but thanks for your help the people on this site know there stuff.

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 16
in what way jordan are you talking? reversed polarity or the ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1834
i would try that sub in a bigger box. try 2-2.5cubes at 35Hz. most 12's need around that much space, if they arent made for small boxes. I had the pioneer 306dvc, and pioneer recommended no more than 1.75 and not to port. HOwever, i put 2 12's in 4cubes@35Hz and they were very noticably louder and get the lows with more authority. Also, make sure that you are setting your gains correctly on the amp.

1.turn the gain all the way down.
2.turn on your HU to 3/4 its volume
3.turn the gain on the amp slowly until you hear the sub start to distort, once it does turn it back down a smidge until its cleaner
LPF: ~80Hz
NO BASSBOOST

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 17
I thought that if you built your box to big that it could damage your subs because its almost as opperating them in free air? and also if I turn my head unit up at 3/4 volume its ready to blow my crappy components(sony). My head unit gets very loud at low levels. at 20 its almost too loud to be in the car. but I have enough material to make another box so I will go in the middle with a 2.2 or so....thanks for all you input.

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 85
def. sounds like you wired the subs the wrong way bro. go back in and check it out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us