Temp box question for sonances

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Nj

Post Number: 47
well my box is getting made right now and should be done in a few weeks probably because the guy who is making it is kind of busy building at the monent. i have a small sealed prefab right now while i wait for my box to be built. the subs are two 12 inch rd sonance v1 promo subs (built to do better on low power) running off of a fusion 2000.1 (probably about 1100-1300 at 1 ohm). my question is will i be safe to run the subs in my small sealed prefab enclosure and not damage the subs. the box isnt too too small but i think these subs might def. need a little bigger and more air to breathe. what do you guys think?

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 48
also not sure about how much space is in each chamber. looks to be about 1.3- 1.4 cubes per chamber maybe but thats guesstimating lol

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 49
anyone?

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 50
lol ok guess not

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5233
That sealed box is pretty close to ideal for the Sonance, in fact if your guess is fairly close it's actually a bit bigger than they recommend if I remember right. You'll be fine.

If you are ever in a situation where you think the box may be a bit small, just throw some dacron sheeting in there.

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 51
thanks brad. they actually sound pretty darn good for a prefab. im going to try and get some vids up for you guys tomorrow...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us