Amps For 2 Orion HCCA 12.2?

Username: Djlegac

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 1
How's it going guys, I am doing my first system, and i have worked with Dj equipment for a while. i Just bought 2 Orion HCCA 12.2. I own a 2000 BMW 528i. I just bought also a pioneer 4100 dvd cd player. i researched that these speakers are 4000 watts peak and around 2500 watts rms each. the advice i am looking for is what amps should i use, preferably want to use 2 amps? i am also ordering tomorrow a High Output Alternator and using extra batteries "optima" One for each amp.

Im not sure if i can post this in here also, but my trunk is completely sealed and wanted some advice on what to do for a box and get bass out of it, i guess i need to build a custom box, i dont need the trunk so the whole trunk can be gone. I am also using on the top back dash 2 10" RCF Voice Speakers and 2 8" B&C Voice Speakers. I also need a good amp for those. not too sure about the watts on those. and i think thats all the info i got. any other info let me know ill try and fit it in.

thanks for the future advice!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15191
dude ur the 1st guy i see on this forum asking about rcf & B\C mids on the back dash - by chance do u have trinidad roots ?

if those subs r d2 then there isnt many amps that can do that much power @ 2ohms so most likely u have to get 2 amps ...2 sundown audio 3000d or 2 atomic 3000d r both good .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15192
btw the "AH" rating of those optimas r not so good\high - look at either kinetik , oddessy or XS batteries .....

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 2
Rovin- yes i do got trinidadian roots lol...and those subs can be wired down to 1 ohm or no? how much are those amps by the way? cuz i googled it and found someone on a forum selling 2 of them 550 each, but i figured if i spend that much might as well get the orion d5000. isnt that amp made for those speakers?

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 3
Rovin- yes i do got trinidadian roots lol...and those subs can be wired down to 1 ohm or no? how much are those amps by the way? cuz i googled it and found someone on a forum selling 2 of them 550 each, but i figured if i spend that much might as well get the orion d5000. isnt that amp made for those speakers?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15195
I knew it ! - only us trinis do that sort of crazy loud mids for in car use

each sub can be wired to either 1 or 4ohms

if u wire 2 2ohms dvc subs together u get either 0.5 ohm or 2ohms

like i said its difficult to find amp that does either 5000wrms @ 0.5 ohms or 5000wrms @ 2ohms ....so most likely u have to get 2 separate amps which r 1ohm stable ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15197
btw - if u want more trini help then join our local forum ...

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=7ca3b658d4b771a25e8022 28b301a509

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks i am gonna go with the SUNDOWN SAZ 3000 2 of them, just wasnt looking to spend round 1200 on amps, was looking to spend around 750-800 or maybe 1200 for all 4 amps that where going in the car, but i might as well do it the good way and be patient lol.... and yes i need great voice, b/c its a daily driver and i want to do it for street

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 267
Soundigital
Stetsom

I think you can get the Stetsom 4K2D for around $800 on CACO.

Username: Tinkbz

Norfolk, Va Usa

Post Number: 1
i also have a 15'' HCCA i have a ma hk 4000 pushing it big time }}for sale 450 i can send videos of the amp hooked up and beating i also have a old memphis belle, sub side is 1500 watts i have pics or i could send pics, i have a ebay account 100% feedback so my selling and buying is the best

Username: Kingpin317

Post Number: 2
lol at rovin....i have those same crazy loud mids in my car n im not trini.....but i am from an island...virgin islands to b exact....lol....so it more of an island thing...i luv them

Username: Neilholland28

Omaha , NE Usa

Post Number: 4
2 orion hcca 5000d would be perfict for those subs i have 1 they are amazing

Username: Cory51191

Post Number: 3
I'm also working on my first system so don't laugh if this sounds completely stupid or wrong but, shouldn't you be using around a 20 fared capacitor also?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us